Thread: Areas of the US that are subject to Tropical Storm Conditions?

Thanks

Default Areas of the US that are subject to Tropical Storm Conditions?

Trying to work on a puzzle using clues and GPS coordinates, and the latest info is "expect tropical storm conditions."

My question is, what areas of North America are subject to tropical storm conditions.

According to FEMA (and who knows if their info is trustworthy), its the Gulf of Mexico and all Atlantic coast areas.

Can anyone shed any further light on this puzzle question?
    Last edited by BlueDog; 04-09-2010 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Meant to say North America, not just the US
    Summit Club Member
    Seek the Peak 11
    Seek the Peak 10: Lions Head/Tuckermans Ravine
    Seek the Peak 09: Boot Spur (redux)
    Seek the Peak 08: Huntington Ravine
    Seek the Peak 07: Tuckermans Ravine/Lions Head
    My 48: Washington (07/07, 07/08, 07/09, 09/09, 07/10), Lafayette (08/08, 08/09), Lincoln (08/08, 08/09), Pierce (07/10), Carrigain (09/10), Cannon (10/10), Jackson (11/10), Field (11/10), Tom (01/11)

Thanks

I don't recognize Central America as a continent, it's all part of North America so include those countries as well.

On another note, tropical storms can penetrate well inland, not just the coast. And if it's just "Tropical Storm CONDITIONS" that can happen just about anywhere.
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight

Thanks

I think anything East of the Mississippi can get hit, as well as the immediate gulf states, but the question is how plausible is it?

Are you trying to figure out a geocache? Can you give us any other hints?

Thanks

Its not a geocache, but a contest to locate a cool little adventure trailer loaded with equipment. At the risk of adding to my competition, check out www.findthego.com to learn more.

This is week #3. Each week they give out coordinates and a hint as to where the trailer is supposedly hidden. The coords focus the area more and more.

Week one the coords box covered most Canada and all of the US, except the lower portions of FL and TX. The hint was "Boy, do we hate paying tolls."

Week two, the box cut out the lower most states, much of CA, and western half of OR and WA. The hint was "between the lakes."

Week three, the box narrows it down to mostly the top half of the US. Draw a line from Baltimore to Indianapolis to Denver to Reno and the along the northern border with Canada. The hint was, "expect tropical storm conditions."

So maybe the key word is "expect" in the hint, versus where its possible?
    Summit Club Member
    Seek the Peak 11
    Seek the Peak 10: Lions Head/Tuckermans Ravine
    Seek the Peak 09: Boot Spur (redux)
    Seek the Peak 08: Huntington Ravine
    Seek the Peak 07: Tuckermans Ravine/Lions Head
    My 48: Washington (07/07, 07/08, 07/09, 09/09, 07/10), Lafayette (08/08, 08/09), Lincoln (08/08, 08/09), Pierce (07/10), Carrigain (09/10), Cannon (10/10), Jackson (11/10), Field (11/10), Tom (01/11)