Thread: Training Hike!

Thanks

Default Training Hike!

Hoping to get a training hike in on Sat....we'll be popping up Haystack Mtn as a warm up and to see how we are feeling, and if all is good.....Mount Frissell!
    Mount Frissell with full packs of wet wx, warm wx, food, and water that'd we take on Mount Washington.

Been doing a good deal of hiking, but this will be the first one with a full pack....oy, my knees!

Should be fun, and I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks

The hike was great!! We hiked up Round Mtn, then Frissell, then hiked down to the CT high point (though that was funny), then the tri-state point to Brace Mtn. 3 hours.

My pack was 18 pounds, I had what I *might* need for Mt Washington: wet weather gear, a fleece vest, a fleece jacket, water, food, first aid, camera, and my stuffed Chesire Cat which I decided I will take with me on hikes and take its picture near cool sites.

After last years weather incident on MWN, I like to be prepared....maybe a bit over prepared, ha. (Ya think I would have this down by now...)

Thanks

Nice!

I also find it humerous that the highest point in CT is on the side of a mountain whose peak is in MA!
    "I've learned that everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but that all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it."
    ~Andy Rooney

Follow my photography on Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jim-Sa...y/156147782386