Thread: first time..first route

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default first time..first route

Hi there,

I'll be doing my first Washington hike this weekend and was wondering if you could let me know if our route is ok.

From the Pinkham Notch visitor center, we're planning on taking Tuckerman RAvine's trail right up to Lion Head and up to the top. For the way down, we thought about Tuckerman Ravine's trail all the way.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Smile

might be closed. i'd take boott spur if'n i was headin' up from pinkham. tux is over-rated.

afterwards, i'd fo' sho' head on down to moat mountain and git hammered!!

Thanks

Boo-

Tux is still closed, least it was last week. We took Boott up, and Lion Head down. T'was quite fun, except for that last 800 til ya get to the top!! hahaha

Thanks

Thanks Mel and Bruno,

So there is one part of Tux open right? Mel, you say you took Lion head down. Doesn't it merge with Tux at some point?

Thanks

Yeah, the first part of Tux is open, actually, I have no idea where it's closed....hahahaha. Do you have an alternate route if Tux is still closed? Of course, I saw two people who were doing Tux regardless.....have fun!

Archer15 Guest

Default Presidential Traverse

Leaving for a full traverse a week from tomorrow (maybe not Webster and Jackson depending on weather and group speed). Gonna do some valley hiking too so my group will be backpacking for three or four days.

Anyone have any idea about remaining snowfields? Yesterday I saw some left on The Ravines webcam in the Ravine and on the east face of the mountain; my route should lead me through that area and through the Tuckerman Ravine area a week from Tuesday, think we'll have any snow left by then? At least some in Tuckerman right?

Oh, and are there often bears anywhere on the Presidentials or Great Gulf or Dry River wilderness? Never even seen a moose around there, lots of people and such...

Any other suggestions/information welcome...