I've been spreading the word about this great book I picked up with info about Freezer Bag Cooking and some great recipes to every hiker I meet. On my Yosemite hike recently I found that making my own meals, they would not only pack into a fraction of the space the store bought meals did, but I could be sure that I knew exactly what was in them.

The author, Sarah Kirkconnell also makes thermal cozies that are great for cooking. You add water to your freezer bag meal, slip it in the cozie and wait.

I've been a fan of her Facebook page and she is sponsoring my Seek the Peak effort by donating five signed copies of her book to entice donations! I will post on my Facebook Seek the Peak 2010 page that they are available to the first five people that donate $25 or more. If anyone here is interested in getting a jump on the competition, simply go to my Seek the Peak fundraising page, donate and put "FBC" in the comment field. I'll follow up with an email to get your address to send the book to.

Please check out her site and you may find some new favorite trail meals. I can attest that the Cranberry Pan Biscuits are a wonderful breakfast meal!