Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seeking information regarding Mt Wash hikes early Sept

Thanks

A day hike I like is N Kearsage on the northern side of N Conway. On route 16 north of town there is a scenic vista. Across the road is Hurricane Mt Rd. Go up that road and after the cross street with the pond on the left there is a trailhead on the left. It is a nice hike with a firetower on the summit. The tower is open and offers great views.
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Brad For This Useful Post:

rko001 (08-07-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDog View Post
    The moose is loose!
    My dear kilted friend - I'm not even going to touch that one.
    Club Member, Mt Washington Observatory
    ~ Everything happens in it's own time ~

Thanks

Dolly Copp is my favorite place ever. I have been going there for over 10 years (try to stake out a site by the River). I also plan on staying there and hiking Washington the following weekend in September. If weather doesn't permit hiking Washington while your there, the Imp and Boulder are mountains within a few miles of camp and that are nice. If you do Washington, I'd love to hear about it so I can know what to expect when I head up!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinytrekker For This Useful Post:

rko001 (08-07-2010)

Thanks

Tinytrekker,
    Thanks for the info. It doesn't look like we will attempt Washington but one never knows what we end up trying. I will let you know what we find if we do try it.
    Russ

Thanks

We have much in common. I am pushing 60 and my arobicholic wife is...ah...younger. I agree with the Jewell Trail suggestion. Start early. If you become exhausted, take the COG back down. Just be advised I think a one way ticket is $45.00. I also recommend hiking hut to hut from Crawford Notch. Mitzpah Spring hut to Lake of the Clouds Hut, to the summit then down Tuckerman Ravine. The total distance is somewhere around fourteen miles. You can grab the shuttle at Pinkham Notch and take it to the trail head at Crawford. The huts and the shuttle require reservations so you have to move on that option today if you decide to take that route. I real nice day hike is the Wilderness Trail over near Lincoln, I think. Make sure you have or purchase the White Mountain Guide book with maps. Lonesome Lake is a short, awesome hike well worth the effort. The Lonesome Lake Hut is a very nice, comfy place to stay. Good luck and happy hiking.