Thread: High fives to MWSP staffers~

Hybrid View

Thanks

Thumbs up High fives to MWSP staffers~

Its been quiet about this, no news reports, but we should all give thanks that the Summit State Park staff on MW are competent, skilled and dedicated.

Sunday 8/22 late afternoon a single, unaccompanied motorcyclist went down hard, fast, cold and blue in the MWSP cafeteria. MWSP staffers employed their AED and didn't get a conversion, at which time they switched to 2 on 1 CPR. Within 20 minutes they got a restoration of vital signs, were able to transport the patient safely and in control down to a waiting ambulance from Gorham EMS, then to AVH in Berlin and from there, the patient was choppered to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center.

Ladies and Gents of the MWSP summit team, that is just awesome work. No one should ever lose track of the vital functions you perform at the top of the Rockpile. Hundreds of thousands of visitors each season are within your reach, voice, and touch and yet so very few of them truly understand or respect all of what you are there to do and provide.

High fives to you all. Competence, confidence, dedication, skill and teamwork saved a human life for another day. EMS is alive and well and working through you, because of you, a remote location notwithstanding.

Awesome work, job well done.

Breeze

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Breeze For This Useful Post:

billysinc (08-26-2010), Brad (08-25-2010)

Thanks

Nice job ,its nice to know that there are people up there can do things like that with the amount of people going up to the top these days

Hats off to you MWSP summit team

any word on how the person is doing
    i am a Summit Club member
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/new pictures and videos

If your not a OBS member yet then what are you waiting for

Thanks

I agree, hats off to the MWSP! It's reassuring to know you are there to help those in need.
    Bob

I never want to see a day
    That's over forty degrees
    I'd rather have it thirty,
    Twenty, ten, five and let it freeeeEEEEEEeeze!

My Seek the Peak 2013 Photo Set