Thread: MWO Forum Members Please Read

Thanks

Default MWO Forum Members Please Read

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to say that I have been a member of this forum for just about a year now, and have enjoyed it a lot. I've actually only been hiking for about a year as well, and when I first started out, looked at many different forums, blogs and other online resources. Obviously, there are a ton of great ones out there, but I must say, I think this forum is the best because of its members.

I find myself looking forward to monitoring it on a daily basis and reading all the posts. The members (you guys) are extremely kind and have been more than helpful to me. Many people have reached out to me via Facebook, email, etc. and have really made me feel a part of your community. This forum has also raised my interest in the MW Observatory in general, so much so, that my wife purchased me a membership this past August for my birthday.

So I wanted to write a "thank you" on my blog (where I love to write about my hiking endeavors) to all of you. If you have a minute, please feel free to read it...if not, I understand we are all busy, this posting pretty much reiterates what is in my blog.

My Blog Posting

So again, thanks to all of you.

I know this posting is cheezy, so for that I apologize...but it was on my mind today.

Thanks,
    Karl

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KSearl For This Useful Post:

billysinc (09-17-2010), CHRIS (09-19-2010), MOAB149 (09-27-2010)

Thanks

Hi Karl and other forum members ~

Welcome to membership Karl, it certainly has its privileges. I too have a similar story.

I've only been a member of MWO and partaken in the forum for a short time (six months), during that time I've met some new friends through the forum and have added some as friends to FB. I hope to continue to make new friendships as time goes on. The forum and the MWO website always has something fun to read, and many things of interest to all of us. I especially like the Observer Comments but, the ObsCast has it's place too. We all share the same love for the outdoors, Mt Washington and the Whites, just some get to hang out uptop more that others.

I've taken many walks but, I've never really hiked because I'm not sure how to read a trail map and since I travel alone, I know it's not a good idea to hike until I'm prepared but, the mountains and the trails aren't going anywhere soon. RIGHT? Hikes will come soon enough for me and then I'll never be home.

So, here's a big Thank You to the MWO staff, and the forum friends present and future.
    Happy Belated Birthday Karl, thanks for the post.
    ~ Pocket ~
    ~ Everything happens in it's own time ~

Thanks

This forum is filled with a lot of great people, many I have met and hiked with. I love being a member of the OBS and these boards!!! Good idea for a thread Karl.
    Bob

I never want to see a day
    That's over forty degrees
    I'd rather have it thirty,
    Twenty, ten, five and let it freeeeEEEEEEeeze!

My Seek the Peak 2014 Photo Set

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Miser View Post
    This forum is filled with a lot of great people, many I have met and hiked with. I love being a member of the OBS and these boards!!! Good idea for a thread Karl.
    I have to agree with Bob on this one Karl.This has been a place where I've gotten to make many new friends who share the same interests.The OBS is a great organization to be a part of.Where else can you go 6,288 ft up into the clouds and meet people who already know your name!

_________
    Anna

Thanks

i like it also thats why i spending a week up top in 3 days :-)
    i am a Summit Club member
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/new pictures and videos

If your not a OBS member yet then what are you waiting for

Thanks

Charlie, I thought you were looking forward to spending that week on the summit with me! Actually, one of the perks is being able to volunteer in many capacities for the Observatory. They need and seek help with everything from envelope stuffers, Goodie Bag stuffers, greeters at STP trailheads - and cooking at the summit for the crew.

Many times I have said - what other non-profit organization lets you into their workspace - talks with you - gives tours - let you be a part of the activity - and seeks our input? It is an amazing group of people and those who love and support the organization have the same passion for the weather and all things Mt Washington-ish. It is certainly fun to be a part of this forum and to have the opportunity to meet folks on the trail, summit or online.
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Brad For This Useful Post:

Charlie (09-20-2010)

Thanks

Ditto !!! What Brad said.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to CHRIS For This Useful Post:

Charlie (09-20-2010)

Thanks

Hey everyone,

Thanks for replying. I hope as time goes on, I can become more involved in the observatory as well. I'm pretty excited to book my tour in the observatory...since it's a perk of my new membership.

As a newby to hiking and the forum, though, I have to say you guys are extremely helpful and I'm a better hiker because of it. Thanks again!

Karl

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KSearl For This Useful Post:

Anna LeBlanc (09-22-2010), Charlie (09-20-2010), Snow Miser (09-20-2010)

Thanks

I also agree with Brad. It is hard for me to stay consistent on these forums because I live so far from the OBS and Mt Washington. I tend to long to be up there more than I should, like going to a car dealer every day and looking at the car of your dreams but not having the money to buy the car. It seems better not to look so much. That will change soon because I am moving the family to Maine as soon as the opportunity is right. Then I will be able to help out at the OBS on a regular basis and see all the friends I have made up there over the years.
    Steve
    Is there really any BAD weather???