Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2nd Barefoot Climb

Thanks

Today I am still not a member but have started to send money to the MWOBS via my ebay account Goingonce-twice with giving works. 10% of all sales now go to the Top of the Rock. My way of saying thanks to that Beautiful Mountain.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HANDYMAN For This Useful Post:

Anna LeBlanc (10-11-2010), mtruman (10-05-2010), Snow Miser (10-05-2010)

Thanks

Excellent post Brad! After years of walking to the top of the pile, I never realized the difference between the two shops.

I also extend the invitation to our barefooted friend to join us for STP11! Get to the $1,000 mark and you'll take home the most coveted souvenir that you can't purchase in ANY gift shop.
    Summit Club Member
    Seek the Peak 11
    Seek the Peak 10: Lions Head/Tuckermans Ravine
    Seek the Peak 09: Boot Spur (redux)
    Seek the Peak 08: Huntington Ravine
    Seek the Peak 07: Tuckermans Ravine/Lions Head
    My 48: Washington (07/07, 07/08, 07/09, 09/09, 07/10), Lafayette (08/08, 08/09), Lincoln (08/08, 08/09), Pierce (07/10), Carrigain (09/10), Cannon (10/10), Jackson (11/10), Field (11/10), Tom (01/11)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueDog For This Useful Post:

Snow Miser (10-05-2010)

Thanks

Tell them being barefoot is your religion, nobody can stop you then. At any given point on a busy day I'm sure that somebody is in the process of being shoeless within the cafeteria.

Have you ever seen "Dual Survival" on Discovery? That guy has been barefoot since the mid 80's.
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight

Thanks

Default We don't want no stinkin feet

Without getting too political...the whole barefoot thing is just hipocrisy. You can go in with flip flops that are little more than a sticker on the sole of your foot and your good, but not barefoot! You can walk in with mudddy boots, Moose Poop jammed into the deep soles or soaked in Giardia infested beaver pond water, but don't you dare come in with naked feet. If you put on a sock made of deerskin shaped like a foot and painted the color of human skin you are OK. If you wear plastic wrap on your feet your OK, but don't think barefoot. I guess I'm just missing the whole health hazard thing....nothing grosser than a hiker (esp barefoot).

Thanks

Until your post Snow Miser I did not know of Cody Lundin. A quick google and there he is. Making a living barefoot. Only in America. Now I have to see his show. Maybe we can climb together some day.

Heading back up the mountain next week. One more climb before winter sets in.

I for one have never understood the no shirts no shoes no service policies. Why are people so afraid of skin when shoes track in so much more?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HANDYMAN View Post
    Until your post Snow Miser I did not know of Cody Lundin. A quick google and there he is. Making a living barefoot. Only in America. Now I have to see his show. Maybe we can climb together some day.

Heading back up the mountain next week. One more climb before winter sets in.

I for one have never understood the no shirts no shoes no service policies. Why are people so afraid of skin when shoes track in so much more?
    You will love his show! I try to watch all of them. I always wear shoes or boots, but more power to you and him. And like you said, only in America can someone like him make money off of it.

A climb sometime would be cool.
    Bob

I never want to see a day
    That's over forty degrees
    I'd rather have it thirty,
    Twenty, ten, five and let it freeeeEEEEEEeeze!

My Seek the Peak 2014 Photo Set