Thread: Numbers 6,7, and 8 on the 48 quest

Thanks

Default Numbers 6,7, and 8 on the 48 quest

On Oct 11th, we snagged Mt Hale....took Hale Brook up, ran into a fellow forum member Great day for a hike, and a great mountain. There was a rather aggressive bird at the summit....not a grey jay...who would NOT leave me alone.

The next day we got Willey! Been wanting to get back to Willey since last year...we got Tom and Field, but ran out of time for Willey. Took the A-Z, hit Field again, and summited. The actual summit was dull, but the view nearby was great. Saw a pair of hikers who talked bout their skiing adventures, rather impressive. And silly me...I was calling Willey WIL-EE. opps.

The next day...just for fun, we decided to get another 4000'! Why not Jackson, he looks cool. The "Must See Cliff View" early into the hike was wonderful. We didn't realize how slow we were going until we got to the Webster-Jackson trail, and well....quite some time had passed. Oh well. And I must say, the guide book didn't quite portray the summit scramble very well. But the view.....worth it. Many people at the summit, all of us battling the wind. The Jays were out in full force. A slow go on the way down as well...met another lovely couple...I hope they were enjoying the hike as much as we did.

Alas, I am home too soon, but already thinking of our next adventure.....we do have 40 more mountains to go

Thanks

Nice pics.
    When you're chewing on life's gristle
    Don't grumble, give a whistle
    And this'll help things turn out for the best. And always look on the bright side of life.

Thanks

Congrats on bagging numbers 6, 7 & 8. Very nice photos! Good luck on the next 40.
    Bob

I never want to see a day
    That's over forty degrees
    I'd rather have it thirty,
    Twenty, ten, five and let it freeeeEEEEEEeeze!

My Seek the Peak 2014 Photo Set

Thanks

Thumbs up

Good job on tagging 3 more peaks! Nice backpack too.

Donna

Thanks

Awesome weekend! Great seeing you on the trail - even if it was only for a second Once you start getting three peaks in a weekend you know you've got the fever. Not a bad illness to have either. Hope we run into each other in the mountains again!
    Mark

Keep close to Nature's heart...
    and break clear away, once in awhile,
    and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods.
    Wash your spirit clean. - John Muir

Hiking photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/mtruman42
    Hiking Blog: http://theramblingsblog.blogspot.com/
    Seek the 2011 Peak page: Mark Truman's Pledge Page