Thread: Time to retire my boots

Thanks

Default Time to retire my boots

and get new ones!! Though it will be hard to say goodbye to my beloved pair (well, they are being turned in snow boots) it is time i get a new pair.

I have been thinking of these http://www.ems.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3651679

I saw them in the store, tried 'em on....though it was a half size too big. Felt pretty good.

I ask the gals on the forums....what boots do you wear?

(its funny, I am all good about getting new jackets, packs, pole, whatever....but I hate replacing boots!)

Thanks

Hi Mel,
    I use New Balance mid height Gore-Tex boots that I purchased from Cabelas.I use NB sneakers at work as I stand up in one spot most of the day and my feet always felt very comfortable in them.The NB hiking boots work well for me too.

________
    Anna

Thanks

Not a gal, but ... I do have a pair of Solomon's for winter hiking and as a product, I've been very happy with the fit, comfort, warms and quality of them.
    Summit Club Member
    Seek the Peak 11
    Seek the Peak 10: Lions Head/Tuckermans Ravine
    Seek the Peak 09: Boot Spur (redux)
    Seek the Peak 08: Huntington Ravine
    Seek the Peak 07: Tuckermans Ravine/Lions Head
    My 48: Washington (07/07, 07/08, 07/09, 09/09, 07/10), Lafayette (08/08, 08/09), Lincoln (08/08, 08/09), Pierce (07/10), Carrigain (09/10), Cannon (10/10), Jackson (11/10), Field (11/10), Tom (01/11)

Thanks

I had no idea NB made boots! I am still leaning towards the Solomons, but EMS has some Vasque on sale....think I'll pop in there this weekend.

Thanks

I have a pair of Solomon's! I owuld reccommend them higly so confortable and mine have really lasted, good value for money.

Thanks

I really hate buying boots because once they are broken in, they are so comfortable so I try hard to take good care of them so they last along time. I have one pair now that I have had for over 7 years and everyone still compliments me on the style, etc. I think boots are kind of like houses, an investment versus shoes, etc.