Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A 9 year old on Everest?

Thanks

Its really amazing I cannot imagine how he did survive. Living in such same condition since birth might be the reason.

Thanks

Wow, really impressive! Those guys are really tailored for such a climate, and are hardy as mountain goats! :-) It's amazing how the body will adapt to the environment after generations of living in one place. Wonder how many generations it might take? Hmm...

Thanks

I think the human body adapts to different conditions but it takes time. My father was brought up in the tropics where it was very humid but now he cannot stand the humidity after spending 40 years in a colder climate.

Same with this 9 year old - he has probably lived in colder climates since birth and the body has adapted to the point it will allow him to do this.

Thanks

Another exceptional proof of how amazing a human body can be. Although genetics could highly be an important factor here, its still amazing just to think how a young human body could adapt so quickly to such a challenging climate.

Thanks

They may be better adapted to doing this but it's still a great achievement - after all this is just a kid!