Thread: any suggestion to imporve my trip itenirary would be apprechiated

Thanks

Default any suggestion to imporve my trip itenirary would be apprechiated

So the Florida boy here making my annual winter pilgrimage ( which I look forward to sooo much every winter) and asking for any suggestions to improve!
    I'll be in the Boston area for a long week with 4 days free to climb ( leaving of dates to avoid parking lot trolls but is mid Dec)

1st trip up: drive up Sr 16 very early AM do summit via Lions head.....
    stay night in hotel in Conway & next day after do ice climb up Hunningtons then hike out and drive back to Boston

2nd trip up: drive up I 93 very early AM and do either Flume/Liberty or Falling Waters / Bidle path loop.....
    stay night in place just south of Franconia & next day do ????? (maybe mt Adams from Appalacia????) then hike out and drive back to Boston

Thank you in advance & best regards, Tim
    Last edited by smithtim; 11-19-2010 at 07:22 PM.
    'when it starts to hurt your nearly halfway and probably should get out those ropes & put your crampons on"

Thanks

BTW I'll check back in later for this but has anybody been in / heard how is Huntingtons Ravine looking? Has the ice formed / is climbable?
    'when it starts to hurt your nearly halfway and probably should get out those ropes & put your crampons on"

Thanks

Well let's see. First off there is no mention of Beer or Whiskey. That's a start.

Seriously, a single day traverse is a blast. Doing one in wintery conditions would be a blast. I would see about working that into your Schedule.

The Bridle Path/Falling Waters loop is very beautiful at any time of year, though winter is my favorite time of year.

If you're on the 93 side of the Whites, get finished hiking early enough and want to climb, December is a fun time to climb at Rumney.

I don't know. Your itinerary doesn't look too bad.

Joe.
    http://home.comcast.net/~onegearatatime/site/

"Men hang out signs indicative of their respective trades: shoe makers hang out a gigantic shoe; a jewler a monster watch; and the dentist
    hangs out a gold tooth; but in the Franconia Mountains god almighty has hung out a sign to show that in New England he makes men".
    Daniel Webster 1831

Thanks

Sounds like a pretty good plan to me (although no personal interest in any ice climbing in Huntington or anywhere else for that matter). You shouldn't have any trouble finding ice. There's a report of ice climbing in Damnation Gully on Oct 10th and lots of ice on Cannon the beginning of November (http://neice.com/). By the time you're up north there should be all kinds of options. Whatever you work out have fun. We'll be waiting for the story and pictures...
    Mark

Keep close to Nature's heart...
    and break clear away, once in awhile,
    and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods.
    Wash your spirit clean. - John Muir

Hiking photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/mtruman42
    Hiking Blog: http://theramblingsblog.blogspot.com/
    Seek the 2011 Peak page: Mark Truman's Pledge Page

Thanks

thanks for the info & nice pics on that link

-tim