Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tuckerman Ravine 1952-1954

Thanks

as long as you dont try and steal my retirement gig driving the auto road shuttle van I wont try and take you bombadier job. In fact you can put me down as a reference

Thanks

i never drove one but i did stay at an Holiday Inn Express one time
    i did drive a lot of big thigs before but never a snow cat ,they are looking for some one that has driven one for 3 years
    and driving the auto road is some thing i would love to do when i move up there some day
    i am a Summit Club member
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/new pictures and videos

If your not a OBS member yet then what are you waiting for

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by freighttrain View Post
    I invite you all to come move two nh and live here. sans the income and sales taxes of your home state. I am jealous of brad it takes me an hr and a half to get to the whites
    An hour and a half is not bad. Might be tough for a daily commute. I can be at PNVC in an hour with a stop to get snacks for the hike.

A big difference between NH and Maine is the tax structure. No income or sales tax in NH. However, the state has to get income somewhere and many people have found property taxes to be high. In several comparison cases I have looked at property in Maine is a lot cheaper. All a part of the tradeoffs. But, it is very clear to me that the views of Mt Washington are better from Maine than from NH. In NH there always seems to be something in the way of the good view. We get great views of The Mountain all over and around our lakes.
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Brad For This Useful Post:

Charlie (11-27-2010)

Thanks

Those were some great photos. It's a shame they had them on such a dreadful site like flickr, which makes viewing them in a timely and efficient manner almost impossible.

Again, good photos though.
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bill O For This Useful Post:

Charlie (11-27-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    An hour and a half is not bad. Might be tough for a daily commute. I can be at PNVC in an hour with a stop to get snacks for the hike.

A big difference between NH and Maine is the tax structure. No income or sales tax in NH. However, the state has to get income somewhere and many people have found property taxes to be high. In several comparison cases I have looked at property in Maine is a lot cheaper. All a part of the tradeoffs. But, it is very clear to me that the views of Mt Washington are better from Maine than from NH. In NH there always seems to be something in the way of the good view. We get great views of The Mountain all over and around our lakes.
    I know what you mean brad, plus you guys have mt katahdin which I think has a more impressive view from a distance.