Thread: Summer or Winter Route?

Thanks

Default Summer or Winter Route?

Anyone know if they've switched over to the winter route yet? May still be waiting for more snow but I couldn't seem to locate anything off of the avalanche center. Thanks for the help!

Thanks

We (the summit observers) believe it is still the summer route since there currently isn't enough snow to warrent the winter route and since nothing has been posted at the WM Avalanche website. But you can call Pinkham Notch Visitor Center (http://www.outdoors.org/lodging/whitemountains/pinkham/) and they may be able to help you further. The number listed on the link above for their front desk at: 603-466-2721
    Ryan Knapp
    Staff Meteorologist/Night Observer, KMWN (Mt Washington Obs., NH)

Thanks

last I head it was still summer route..... kind of treacherous conditions with lots of icy exposed rock

but that was quite a few days ago so some snow might have / will fill in
    Last edited by smithtim; 11-26-2010 at 11:38 AM.
    'when it starts to hurt your nearly halfway and probably should get out those ropes & put your crampons on"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smithtim View Post
    last I head it was still summer route..... kind of treacherous conditions with lots of icy exposed rock

but that was quite a few days ago so some snow might have / will fill in
    I just checked here http://www.outdoors.org/recreation/t...ry-weather.cfm and still says summer route
    'when it starts to hurt your nearly halfway and probably should get out those ropes & put your crampons on"