Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jefferson ?

Thanks

Question Jefferson ?

Anyone ever climbing Jefferson via the castle ravine trail this time of year? Is it technical or can it be done with just a ice axe and 10points ? Thinking about trying it tommrow. Thanks

Thanks

I think the only stuff over there that would be truly defined as "technical" is some off trail gully / bushwack type stuff straight up the ravine itself

However, as of present I've been hearing that conditions on most trails are treacherous with a lot of exposed rock that of course is icy icy...... so probably helpful to bring a second ice tool with you
    Last edited by smithtim; 11-27-2010 at 07:03 PM.
    'when it starts to hurt your nearly halfway and probably should get out those ropes & put your crampons on"

Thanks

BTW I hope you have a safe & enjoyable hike.... and let us know how it looked
    'when it starts to hurt your nearly halfway and probably should get out those ropes & put your crampons on"

Thanks

Thanks much was going to bring 2 tools, I would rather have them and not need them not have them and neeed them.

Thanks

Made it up and back to the summit today. Went up castle ravine only 1 tool needed I did climb a couple small snow gullys with both could have got away with standered ice axe. When I came out of the ravine in to the clouds and freezing fog I went. Crossed over to the castle ridge trail to get a better judgement of visabilty wich was pretty pour once I reached the intersection I decided to make the effort to summit I luckly made it up just in time weather was starting to go down hill again some higher wind gusts. Came back down and started down on the castle ridge trail back to the bottom. I only saw two people at the trail head in the am after that not a soul all day. The loop I did was deffently rugged and kinda remote have to cross the river 3 or 4 times to make it up in to the ravine im glad the water level wasnt any higher or there was no way I was staying dry. Over all good trip!

Thanks

DSCF0743.jpgDSCF0749.jpgDSCF0751.jpg couple pics ,pretty amazing the avy damage was one big slide thats for sure.

Thanks

It looks and sounds like you had a nice trek up and down. Nice pictures of the slide! Thanks for sharing.
    Bob

I never want to see a day
    That's over forty degrees
    I'd rather have it thirty,
    Twenty, ten, five and let it freeeeEEEEEEeeze!

My Seek the Peak 2013 Photo Set

Thanks

Thanks cant wait for washington in a couple weeks!

Thanks

Thanks for the update & pics....glad you had an enjoyable & safe climb
    Last edited by smithtim; 11-29-2010 at 11:00 PM.

Thanks

I'm a newbie member in the forum, so initially this is my first post. I am a graduate student doing my research work about mountaineering and other stuff. Expect me from the days ahead, I have several questions in mind which need to address.

Thanks.