Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trish and Alex story to be published by Broadway Books

Thanks

Default Trish and Alex story to be published by Broadway Books

Alex and I are pleased to announce that my memoir of our NH48 quest will be published by Broadway Books (an imprint of Crown Publishing Group). Tentative date for publication is spring 2012.

Alex asked me to write this book, and she has been involved with every single step of the submission process. I have left every final decision to her; this her book as much as it is mine. A polished draft of the manuscript is finished (we shopped it after I completed the entire thing), though I expect the editor at Broadway Books will want me to tweak and alter the draft as she sees fit.

It is our hope that this book inspires little ones to believe in themselves and act on their dreams. We hope that readers will take their kids hiking, and we hope that more mother-daughter teams get out there and enjoy all that the wilderness has to offer.

I first began posting accounts of our hiking right here on the Mount Washington Obs Forum, back in the summer of 2008. I received a lot of support from this community -- that support meant a lot to me -- thank you.

Happy hiking, everyone. Enjoy yourselves, and stay safe.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TrishandAlex For This Useful Post:

Anna LeBlanc (12-17-2010), Charlie (12-17-2010), KathyC (12-17-2010), Snow Miser (12-17-2010)

Thanks

Congratulations! I remember when you started posting your trail reports and always looked forward to the next adventure. Please sign me up for one copy autographed by both authors!
    Summit Club Member
    Seek the Peak 11
    Seek the Peak 10: Lions Head/Tuckermans Ravine
    Seek the Peak 09: Boot Spur (redux)
    Seek the Peak 08: Huntington Ravine
    Seek the Peak 07: Tuckermans Ravine/Lions Head
    My 48: Washington (07/07, 07/08, 07/09, 09/09, 07/10), Lafayette (08/08, 08/09), Lincoln (08/08, 08/09), Pierce (07/10), Carrigain (09/10), Cannon (10/10), Jackson (11/10), Field (11/10), Tom (01/11)

Thanks

That's wonderful news!!! Congratulations!!! I'm sure spring 2012 will be here before you know it. I'm looking forward to getting a copy!

Again, congrats!
    Karl

Thanks

Congrats! That is fabulous news. Will it be distributed regionally or nationwide?

Thanks

That's Amazing!! Congrats to all of you!!

Thanks

That's just fantastic Trish!! I've enjoyed following the story in real time and can't wait see it in print. There are so many things beyond hiking that this story tells about how we can raise our kids to great people. I'm with Erich - autographed copy please! I'll also be looking forward to the sequel as you and the girls continue your many adventures. Congratulations!!!
    Mark

Keep close to Nature's heart...
    and break clear away, once in awhile,
    and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods.
    Wash your spirit clean. - John Muir

Hiking photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/mtruman42
    Hiking Blog: http://theramblingsblog.blogspot.com/
    Seek the 2011 Peak page: Mark Truman's Pledge Page

Thanks

Thumbs up

Congratulations Trish,I hope the bookstores down here carry it so I can get a copy.Maybe the OBS could carry it so we could purchase it through them and help to support them that way too.

Thanks

Thanks, everyone!

Broadway Books is an imprint of Crown, which is turn is part of Random House. The book will be available nationwide and will be in all major bookstores. I anticipate it will also be available in specialty stores as well.

Mark, my long term goal is to write YA novels, so while there may or may not be a sequel to this specific book, there will be other manuscripts I hope to publish. My YA novel is 75% finished, and I've a third that's got a good beginning (I like working on two things at once).

I cannot properly express how much the support of everyone over here has meant to me. Thank you!!!

Thanks

This really is awesome news. I do look forward to reading it. Congradulations to both of you.

Thanks

Congratulations Trish & Alex!!! That's wonderful news. I too would like to buy a signed copy. Perhaps the two of you can do a book signing somewhere? That would be nice.
    Bob

I never want to see a day
    That's over forty degrees
    I'd rather have it thirty,
    Twenty, ten, five and let it freeeeEEEEEEeeze!

My Seek the Peak 2014 Photo Set