Thread: anybody know the name of this trail

Thanks

Default anybody know the name of this trail

and/or if it is doable, technical etc, etc?

it is in Kings Ravine, on the west side ( i.e. right side if you are walking in towards Adams) and from the maps there is a trail along that ridge (actually an RMC shelter up there) and looks like it might be a fun little gully / snow climb.... Any info would be appreciated ( and sorry the pics are not so good as it was a little socked in that day)

BTW I took these pics from this junction when I was heading in on the Kings Ravine trail

just before I turned left to head up the Chem De trail up towards the airline
    Last edited by smithtim; 12-23-2010 at 05:51 PM.
    'when it starts to hurt your nearly halfway and probably should get out those ropes & put your crampons on"

Thanks

Default My guess

From what you describe I would guess you're talking about the Great Gully Trail. I've not done it, but have a much more experienced friend who was caught up there in the rain and didn't like it one bit!

I'm pretty sure that at this time of year it would be a technical climb, similar to Tucks headwall.

http://www.viewsfromthetop.com/forum...ad.php?t=31168

KDT

Thanks

KD, Thanks for the info
    'when it starts to hurt your nearly halfway and probably should get out those ropes & put your crampons on"