View Poll Results: How often do you check the MWO website?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • More than once a day

22 73.33%
  • Daily

4 13.33%
  • A few times a week

3 10.00%
  • A few times a month

1 3.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Often Do You Check The MWO Website

Thanks

Default How Often Do You Check The MWO Website

How often, and what's your most favorite part of the site?
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight

Thanks

I picked more than once a day, only because "obsessively" wasn't an option.

As for my favorite parts...I'll take webcams, only slightly over observations, which narrowly beats out observer comments and obscasts. Like others have said, the entire site is awesome.
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight

Thanks

I also check the website frequently, more than once per day on weekdays, and generally once on the weekend days.
    Favorite places are the Observer comments, the cameras and this Forum

Thanks

Default Poll

I check in several times a day and suffer withdrawal when I can't. The photojournal and then the webcams got me started and kept me coming back. The new views and time lapse videos are awesome, but I think the forum has taken over as my favorite as it is more of an instant gratification thing that we modern people crave these days.
    KDT

Thanks

I look forward to the morning "read" with my coffee and then a few more times during the day. Can't beat those webcams especially with the new premium content!! Photo journal and forums tie for second. It's all good!
    Last edited by Rich; 02-20-2007 at 09:14 PM.
    ~Rich

Thanks

I too am a compulsive MWO website fan. I discovered it years ago and have become more and more addicted to it ever since. I used to check it mostly in the winter to see how insane the weather was, but now I check it several times a day if at all possible.
    Usually when I hit the site I check out the current conditions, then the observers comments(if their new), then any photos of the day(again if new), then the webcams, and, if there is time, I visit the forums to see what ya'll have to say. I really enjoy the photo gallery from time to time as well.

I think it is great that this site has a place where people with a love of the mountains, the weather, and hiking can talk and share their experiences and knowledge with others with the same interests.

It rocks!
    Steve
    Is there really any BAD weather???

Thanks

Thumbs up

Well since we arew adding comments as well, I voted 2 days ago and visit 3-4 times a day, in the morning as I am getting my work together for the day, and then once during the day and then also in the evening and then again before I go to bed.
    The membership benefits are superb with the new cam views and I love the forum the second most I would say. Love to hear what everyone is saying about the differ subjects here. Just all in all an awesome site with so much to offer and being a weather "geek" , this is great.
    thanks to all who put this together
    Dave Johnson

Thanks

Okay, I have to admit I am in the excessive category. Yes, I check the site multiple times a day. I go to the Observer Comments - the Daily Report in the morning - the premium videos on clear-ish days.

But, I have a Yahoo Widget running on my computer which cycles through the 5 web camera images and the Condition image. You give the widget (WebImages) the URL for the image and it will show the image in a small window. It cycles through the images every xx number of seconds/minutes. So, as I am working on the laptop I normally will grab that small window and put it over on the second display and the images cycle through - all day. It is like an electronic picture frame.
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

Thanks

Default Another Obsessive One . . .

Yes, I, too, am one of the obsessive ones who checks into the "rock pile's" web site more than once a day. I have the MWO web site as my default web browser window. Every morning I log on and see what conditions are like, read the comments and check to see if any new photos have been posted - many of which end up as my desktop picture. That's probably my line-up of favorites, right there. (My current desktop photo is the shot of Lakes of the Clouds with the snow drift - Oh, if only I could be there) Nothing like a little snow to tunnel and play in. Every now and then, when work is slow - i.e. now - I get a chance to follow along with some of the forum threads. It's wonderful to share this space with others who share the same, deep love of Mt. Washington and the Whites in general. I'm saving up my dollars, bit by bit, for the family membership that will allow me to view the new content. I can't wait!

Thanks

Smile and I thought I was the only one obsessed

I have been fascinated with this website for many years, checking the weather at the summit sometimes before looking out the window at the local weather.
    After a period of daily viewing I decided to try a hike, and then I REALLY began viewing the site for long periods, almost memorizing the photo journal.
    After hiking, I have, as my wife says, become obsessed with this site, always sending her pictures from the journal, or even a temperature check.

My only concern is that I may be too old to qualify for an edu trip.