Thread: Kearsarge North

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Kearsarge North

Does anyone know how the trail is currently?

I am considering doing this tomorrow, Wednesday the 21st.

Lloyd

Thanks

Smile

just take some yaktrax or crampons for the slabs. a great hike. have fun duder!!!!

Thanks

Default Kearesarge North Trip Report

I went for the hike today and boy was that a workout. The view was worth every agonizing step. lol

The trail was pretty well pack for 2/3 the way up. Past that point it was packed but much easier to step through as far as making nice holes. It was worse on the way down as obviously your weight is different in your step.

Pictures here......as of 8:30pm about 2/3 have been uploaded.

http://whatsnew.fotki.com/lwa11/

Thanks

Default Kearsarge North

Nice shots Lloyd! You had a nice view of Wahington and the mountains to the west. When I was there a 2 weeks ago George never stuck his head out. I'm guessing you had the mountain to yourself today? Rare on Kearsarge North. Keep climbin' and shootin'!
    KDT

Thanks

I sure did have it all to myself today. I was surprised as it sounded like a popular hike. It is amazing at the top isn't it. I was very lucky with George as I expected it to be cloudy. Peaks of sun and blue gave me hope which helped spur me onward. I was very thankful for the tower at the top as it was a nice place to change and get into dry clothes. Plus stay out of the wind and rest. It must be awesome to stay overnight up there.

How is this hike in the summer? Are there a lot fo rock and root? Monadnock seemed like a lot of rock and root from all the use.