Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DMOutdoors - NH 48 in 2011

Thanks

Now that's the way to end winter Dan! Just an amazing day up there. Nice that you grabbed the other peaks while you were "in the neighborhood". Looking forward to following the spring exploits now...
    Mark

Keep close to Nature's heart...
    and break clear away, once in awhile,
    and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods.
    Wash your spirit clean. - John Muir

Hiking photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/mtruman42
    Hiking Blog: http://theramblingsblog.blogspot.com/
    Seek the 2011 Peak page: Mark Truman's Pledge Page

Thanks

Nice report and congratulations on #9! Looks like a beautiful day on Moosilauke - great pictures.

Thanks

Thanks guys, the weather couldn't have been better, and I finally got some good pictures of the views with us included because the cameras weren't dead and our hands were not freezing on contact with the air.

I'm definitely looking forward to the spring; We're hoping to do a couple trips possibly between now and the end of May that could get me about 14 peaks, but for now, we'll see what I can do in between. Looking forward to seeing the melting snow, swelling rivers, and that woodsy feel again soon.

Thanks
    Dan
    DMOutdoors

DMOutdoors - My Blog

Thanks

Dan,
    Moosilauke is definitely a great mountain to hike in winter. Great pictures too! Look forward to you next conquest.

Donna
    "If you can't find time to fix it right, when will you find time to fix it again."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmy Legs and Little d For This Useful Post:

DMOutdoors (03-29-2011)

Thanks

Congrats Dan, on number 9! Moosilauke is one of my favorite. I'm really surprised to see no rime ice on the summit sign this time of year. Usually, that westerly wind makes that sign look very cool with rime.

Karl

Thanks

Hi Karl,

Thanks! I have seen pictures of that. It was a great afternoon when we reached the summit. The rocky summit was beginning to protrude through the thin ice.

There were folks heading up to watch the full moon that night too, which was probably a great night to do it. It was hilarious, there were about 4 guys, and 1 girl, and she was carrying the largest pack, while the guys barely had anything.

Watching the weather for this Saturday, in hopes I can bag a couple (or more, lol) it sounds like there will be a bunch of new snow, so we'll see how that and the rest of the weather shapes up. I was going to hike last Saturday, but opted out because of the high winds. I read on one of the sites, I forget if it was the avalanche center or the MWO forecast, but it specifically stated that the high winds that day were going to create zero visibility because of 8" of light snow that fell. I showed my family and friends the story about the stranded hiker and the forecast for that day, and was able to reassure them that I take care when planning my hikes.

I ended up hiking with my 6-yr old niece and brother in Gloucester at Ravenswood Park, which was about a 5 mile round trip. Pics can be seen here.
    DMOutdoors

DMOutdoors - My Blog

Thanks

Hi All,

I was able to get out last weekend and did Cannon Mountain and the Kinsmans. Views of Franconia Ridge were great, and the weather was calm.
    DMOutdoors

DMOutdoors - My Blog

Thanks

Nice TR, photos and videos. I like how you took The East Way Down. Thanks for sharing!
    Bob

I never want to see a day
    That's over forty degrees
    I'd rather have it thirty,
    Twenty, ten, five and let it freeeeEEEEEEeeze!

My Seek the Peak 2013 Photo Set

Thanks

You've caught up with me! Congratulations on the peaks...hiking over the Kinsmans is a great hike - lots of great views.

Thanks

Hey Dan, Great job on bagging 3 peaks in one day. 11 peaks in 2011, in only 4 months. You're certainly gaining on them! With the warmer weather on its way, I'm sure you'll rack up the numbers quickly. Great pics too. I haven't been able to view the videos (my work blocks them...I'm guessing, they're pulled from Youtube), but will check them out tonight. Awesome job!

Karl