Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: DMOutdoors - NH 48 in 2011

Thanks

Great hike, Dan! Bagging 3 peaks (4000 footers) in one hike is definitely a plus in our book. It is still very wintery looking on top. Fun videos too. Looked as if the butt sliders were in a race down Cannon.

Donna
    "If you can't find time to fix it right, when will you find time to fix it again."

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the comments, and of course for following along.

Owen, thank you, and yes, I have caught up, but we still have a long way to go, We'll have to get together for a summit or two before this is done.I noticed we have chosen somewhat similar peaks for our first 12, except for a few. My order of mountains has been completely random thus far, and I like that.

Karl,
    Thanks for the compliment. As I stated in my post I was determined and prepared to go, and to not have to come back for the Kinsmans. I think my Lafayette/Lincoln and Moosilauke/S. peak/blue/jim/waternomee trips prepared me well for this. On each hike before those trips, either my knee or leg began to act up, so I think my legs are getting stronger. Other than having jelly legs when I got to the car, the legs and knee felt great. Yes, they are embedded from my youtube channel.

Jimmy & Little,
    Thank you also for the compliment, and glad you like the videos. I had no idea my brother and Sean did that until they picked me up and showed me, it sure looked fun! I shot some of my own fun doing some Bear Gryll's style leg-slides down the Fishin' Jimmy, but they didn't come out as well as I liked, so they were not worthy of posting!

Thanks
    DMOutdoors

DMOutdoors - My Blog

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DMOutdoors View Post
    Owen, thank you, and yes, I have caught up, but we still have a long way to go, We'll have to get together for a summit or two before this is done.I noticed we have chosen somewhat similar peaks for our first 12, except for a few. My order of mountains has been completely random thus far, and I like that.
    Definitely! I've been thinking about Carters or Osceolas for May...all depends on weather and I usually end up choosing a completely different peak than I've been thinking about haha. Don't want to get stuck at 13 so I'm using that as an excuse to do a multi-peak hike for my next one.

Thanks

Hi All,

I hiked on Sunday, May 1st, it was a beautiful day for Eisenhower, Pierce, and Jackson. (13, 14, and 15) This report should prove to be interesting. Enjoy!

Mt. Eisenhower, Mt. Pierce, & Mt. Jackson
    DMOutdoors

DMOutdoors - My Blog

Thanks

Dan,

Enjoyed reading your report on summitting the trio of 4000 footers. So sorry to hear of the camera incident. Hopefully, you will be able to find it or someone else will soon. What kind of camera was it? We had an unfortunate incident with a camera that was stolen from a parking lot where we were hiking last month. Total bummer in loosing the memory stick with a bunch of pictures that had not been downloaded too.

Donna
    "If you can't find time to fix it right, when will you find time to fix it again."

Thanks

I enjoyed reading your report too. It must have been a real treat to see both the bears and moose on the way. That stinks that you lost your camera. I hope you get it back. Did you happen to have your name and phone number on it somewhere?
    Bob

I never want to see a day
    That's over forty degrees
    I'd rather have it thirty,
    Twenty, ten, five and let it freeeeEEEEEEeeze!

My Seek the Peak 2014 Photo Set

Thanks

Hi Dan,

Nice report, and nice blog. Welcome to the addiction that is known as the Four Thousand Footers. Hope to see you out there sometime.

Sorry to hear about your camera. I lost one on the Link Trail by Mt. Jefferson a couple of years ago. It slid off the strap and tumbled into an animal den. I spent an hour trying to fish it out -- I could see it, but I could not reach it. Frustrating! Hope someone comes across yours.

--Trish
    Last edited by TrishandAlex; 05-07-2011 at 11:37 AM.

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I hope you all had a great Memorial Day weekend, and what a great feeling it is to finally get some great weather. Its been a few weeks again, but this weekend I grabbed 4 peaks. On Sunday, the day of the mysterious misting mountain peaks, my brother and I picked up Field and Willey, including Avalon. No views, but the trails were fun and nothing too crazy.

On Monday, I soloed Flume and Liberty going from the Flume Visitor Center up the Flume Slide Trail and down Liberty Springs. This might be my new favorite hike so far. The Flume Slide was slippery and very difficult (at the beginning of the real ascent), but the beginning of the Flume Slide was awesome. Views were great considering the day before, and there was a nice cool breeze.

Thats 16, 17, 18, and 19. Hope to post my write-ups within a couple days. Back hard to the grind here.

Heres a couple pics for now:
    Snow and fog on Willey Range Trail
    Along the lower Flume Slide Trail
    Last edited by DMOutdoors; 05-31-2011 at 09:27 AM. Reason: add photos
    DMOutdoors

DMOutdoors - My Blog

Thanks

Nice weekend Dan! Don't know if you've been on Avalon before but if not you REALLY need to go back on a bluebird day. Hands down my favorite sub-4K peak in the Whites (and one of my favorites period). Looks like we barely missed each other on Flume. We got the "magical mist-ery tour" and you got the full view treatment - I think we both won! We definitely need to be on the summit of Flume again someday and Flume Slide may be the route. Sounds like fun. Congrats on #16-19. Looks like you're going to be leaving us in the dust very soon.
    Mark

Keep close to Nature's heart...
    and break clear away, once in awhile,
    and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods.
    Wash your spirit clean. - John Muir

Hiking photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/mtruman42
    Hiking Blog: http://theramblingsblog.blogspot.com/
    Seek the 2011 Peak page: Mark Truman's Pledge Page

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtruman View Post
    Nice weekend Dan! Don't know if you've been on Avalon before but if not you REALLY need to go back on a bluebird day. Hands down my favorite sub-4K peak in the Whites (and one of my favorites period). Looks like we barely missed each other on Flume. We got the "magical mist-ery tour" and you got the full view treatment - I think we both won! We definitely need to be on the summit of Flume again someday and Flume Slide may be the route. Sounds like fun. Congrats on #16-19. Looks like you're going to be leaving us in the dust very soon.
    Hi Mark, not before, thanks for the suggestion to go back, I'm sure I will at some point. Yes, we certainly both won, despite the dreary weather and the fact that everything was soaked, it was pretty comfortable..both days. The Flume Slide is a single track and appeared to be overgrown in my opinion, but that made more like an adventure.

I'm hoping to take a week vacation towards the end of the month or beginning of next. I want to do a presidential Traverse and possibly an over-night or multi-day on the pemi loop. I nearly did the Presi this past weekend, but I opted not to because of the threat of the storms, but this weekend was a good warm-up if I can do it soon.
    DMOutdoors

DMOutdoors - My Blog