Thread: passport program

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default passport program

Today I received my membership packet (yea). I thought belonging to the Mt Washington Observatory would give me free admission to the Museum of Science in Boston. I was even told that at Seek the Peak 2009.

Apparently for free admission, one has to live at least 90 miles away from the museum one wants to visit. I live in Concord, NH which is about 70 miles from Boston. So no free admission to the museum of science in Boston? That would really stink. I mean how often is one going to travel 100 miles to go to a museum???

Well at least I can probably get into the Discovery museum in North Conway for free.

Nor am I likely to take part in the edu trips. 200 bucks for one day? 400 for a weekend? If only i had so much money to toss around!!

David

Thanks

Yep, I thought I made that pretty clear in the other thread.

I'd venture to guess that the vast majority of Obs members don't join just to get free access to other museums. Most joint to support the Obs, get Windswept and access to the members only features of the website.

Sadly, in your case, one suggestion I have for the Obs is to increase what they charge for those trips. By slightly improving the quality of the experience they could easily fetch more money. If the trips are constantly full, it seems like a no brainer. Either way, the trips are great.
    Last edited by Bill O; 02-28-2011 at 07:56 AM.
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight

Thanks

I mean how often is one going to travel 100 miles to go to a museum???
    Several times for my family in the past year, typically coupled with vacation or a business trip. It's not why I joined the Obs, but I have certainly enjoyed the benefit.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hobbes View Post
    Several times for my family in the past year, typically coupled with vacation or a business trip. It's not why I joined the Obs, but I have certainly enjoyed the benefit.
    Not many museums in Conway? I have been thinking about heading down to the Boston Science Museum. For something good like that, a 3 hour drive is worth it.
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012