Thread: Best Wishes Neil

Thanks

Default Best Wishes Neil

I would like to wish Neil best of luck since this is his last week as an observer. Good luck with your future adventures you will be missed. As a volunteer I would like to say thank you.

Brian

Thanks

Default Neil

I can't imagine life visiting the summit and not seeing you, Neil, even if just for a few minutes during shift change. I've bumped into you after climbing to the summit, me all sweaty, you out on the deck with the sling psychrometer taking the hourly reading. It's like going to a foreign land and seeing someone I know. I know you can't stay on the mountain forever like Marty, but despite all the wonderfulness of climbing to the top of New England, it will somehow be diminished without your presence. Although we've only spent a couple weeks of our lives together I consider you a friend, and if you treat others half as well as you have treated me you will never lack companionship. I wish you all the best and please, drop me a line now and then.
    KDT

Thanks

Neil, you will be missed by all who have visited the summit or just read your reports. If you had stayed long enough you might have been able to, as per FCH-H1-2005, reported DRVA . You can leave the summit but the summit never leaves you.

Good luck.

Thanks

We are losing a couple of good observers in Neil and Jim. Please stop back here on the forum and join in the fun . . .
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

Thanks

I would also like to give a warm farewell to you Neil, since I somehow missed your departure in Feb. You were the first observer I met the year before I joined the MWO. You gave my son and I a tour of the facility and even posed for a picture with him and Nin. I always enjoyed listening to your weather reports and your comments. You have a way with words that sets you apart (an english major I presume?). I could read 1 paragraph and know it was from you. Anyway, best wishes and Don't be a stranger to the forums!
    Last edited by Steve M; 07-11-2007 at 06:51 PM.
    Steve
    Is there really any BAD weather???