Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canon camera in blue case lost on Mt Washington Sat, Feb 24, 2007

Thanks

Default Canon camera in blue case lost on Mt Washington Sat, Feb 24, 2007

Hey all,

I was fortunate to have beautiful weather on Saturday, and made the summit of Mount Washington. It was awesome. I was having so much fun sliding down on my butt (Glissading) from the top, that I lost my small digital camera, and case.

I lost it somewhere between the summit, and the 0.4 mile marker from the top on the Tuckerman Ravine Trail.

The camera is a Canon, and it is in a small blue case.

Most important to me is the Compact Flash with all my cool pix for the day.

Hopefully someone ran across it, and just happens to read this forum.

Thanks, Rob Runkle

Thanks

Talking mission for KD Talbot

KD this sounds like a mission for you. I know you can't stand seeing someone lose their camera. It also gives you another reason to climb the rock pile. They even gave an area where they lost it. Between parking lot and lions head split with Tucks. What really stinks are the days summit pictures are on that camera. Hope the camera is found.

Thanks

I would check with the AMC Pinkham Notch Visitors center, perhaps leave your name and info there...

Hope it turns up...

Thanks

Default Camera

My guess is it won't be recovered 'til spring. The flashcard should still work, unlike the film cameras I have lost in the Shawsheen River while paddling high water. You must know some of my past escapades. I am much more careful with my cameras these days.

My wife and I actually found someone's camera in the snow on Mount Tecumseh Trail last year. Luckily they were heading down as we were heading up and we were able to return it.

A good argument for carrying an inexpensive pocket camera, though I never will.

Good luck, Rob. I hope someone finds it and is honest enough to turn it in or try to find the owner. Believe me when I say I know how you must feel, having lost a couple myself. Actually, I think it more likely someone would turn it in at Pinkham Notch AMC than post it here, but it doesn't hurt to get the word out to as many places as possible.
    KDT
    Last edited by KD Talbot; 02-26-2007 at 10:15 PM.

Thanks

Checking at Pinkham Notch is probably your best bet. You might want to try some of the other forums like Time For Tuckerman and Views From The Top.

You might also want to try some of the guide services.
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight

Thanks

I believe he lost it descending from the summit on the .4 miles between the summit and where Lion's Head Trail turns east.
    EQUALS (I think)

I think you read that wrong, Rex. I believe he lost it descending from the summit on the .4 miles between the summit and where Lion's Head Trail turns east. My guess is it won't be recovered 'til spring.

Yup! I lost it on the descent, somewhere between the SUMMIT parking lot, and the 0.4 mile marker signage, which is about the point of the Tuckermans - Lions Head turn off (where the LH turns East).

Rob

Thanks

Yeah! It pretty much sux, and the chip does have summit pics, et al... Luckily I also brought a video camera. So, not a total loss.

This particular camera must be cursed. It is actually a conglomeration of two cameras. One that had a little drop on Capitol Peak (Colorado), and cracked the LCD. The other that took a very nasty 300 ft tumble on Wetterhorn Peak (Colorado), and cracked EVERYTHING else... Before my Mt. Wash trip, I disassembled, and created one working camera.

You'd think that I'd have learned my lesson.

As I was searching the summit pitch area, everybody that I passed was really cool, and helpful. Similar to here at the forum. Thanks for the notice.

I did stop at the PN Visitor's Center on the way out, and gave them my name, etc...

My gut tells me that either: 1) Someone picked it up, and I didn't cross their paths. Hopefully, they drop it somewhere, or read forums. 2) It got wind blown by the snow, or slide somewhere off route. Then, maybe it will show up in the Spring, early Summer.

Either way, keep an eye out for a small blue nylon looking camera case...

Thanks much! Rob
    Last edited by rob runkle; 02-26-2007 at 09:30 PM.

Thanks

Email for contact: please pm me.

Thanks

Default camera

Sorry Rex, you read it right. I wasn't thinking of the summit parking lot. It's not a parking lot at this time of year, just more snowscape.

I think you've covered all your bases as best you can, Rob, good luck!
    KDT
    Last edited by KD Talbot; 02-26-2007 at 10:22 PM.

Thanks

Maybe we need a full scale search party. Lets get everyone from the forum to go out this weekend and look for the missing climber (camera). Would be a good excuse anyway ...
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012