Let's start off a new contest even though we are just starting the Highest Low Temperature contest. We ran this contest last year and had to go into several phases to finally get a winner - Charlie.
Guess the date when we will see the first cog in the North web camera archive images going either up or down.
Remember the images are every 15 minutes and we could miss all of them on a specific date.
1. We must see a part of the cog in the image. Smoke is not sufficient.
2. Entries can be made starting now.
3. All entries must be made and dated by this forum to be no later than 11:59 PM on Sunday, April 15th. Get your entries in along with your taxes.
4. Employees of the Cog company are not allowed to win. They may enter if they wish.
5. If a date has been selected by more than one person, only the first entry will be valid.
6. Once a guessed date has passed, that entry is no longer valid.
7. If the actual date is not guessed, then the person who guesses the next calendar date is the winner.
8. The winner will receive a hearty round of applause from all participants and lurkers.
Let's see if we can do better this year.