Thread: The End Is Near!!!

Thanks

Default The End Is Near!!!

Actually, not to worry - I am referring to April 30th, which is the end of the Observatory's fiscal year... Please do keep reading.

As you may know, the Observatory is a private, non-profit, member-supported organization - the majority of their funding comes from donations from individuals, not from corporations, foundations, or the government, as many people might think.

If you enjoy what the Observatory offers to you - whether it be this website, the forums, the web cams, the forecasts, the educational programs, the research, or something else, please consider making a donation in support of their efforts on our behalf. If we don't, one day, all of these programs and benefits could simply disappear, along the with the Observatory itself. Think about it for a moment -

No current summit conditions. No higher summits forecast. No forums. No web cams. No Marty. No Weather Discovery Center. No Seek the Peak. No valley forecast. All, gone.

Here are just a few of the ways in which you can help the Observatory continue to help us...

Membership - if you aren't a member, please become one...

Donations - whether they be one-time, memorial, recurring, or in tribute... Also, please remember that your employer may match your donation, and that you don't have to give now - you can give after you are gone, via planned giving...

Seek the Peak Donations
    - Seek the Peak is the Observatory's largest annual fundraising event - every July hundreds of hikers seek the summit of Mt. Washington, and in recognition of their heroic efforts, they solicit donations on behalf of the Observatory. You can donate to the event itself, a hiker you know, or in support of a Seek the Peak hiker like me, whether you know me or not!

I support the Observatory in many ways throughout the year, as a volunteer, member, donor, photographer, forum moderator, and photographer, and hope that you can find a way to support the Observatory too.

Please keep in mind that all donations are tax deductible, and that regardless of amount, all donations eventually add up - even if you can only give a little bit, please do it!

Thank you.

Ed O'Malley
    Observatory Member and Summit Volunteer

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to h2oeco For This Useful Post:

Charlie (04-13-2011), fifteendays (04-13-2011)

Thanks

Made a donation last night. All to happy to help.
    Bob

I never want to see a day
    That's over forty degrees
    I'd rather have it thirty,
    Twenty, ten, five and let it freeeeEEEEEEeeze!

My Seek the Peak 2014 Photo Set

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Snow Miser For This Useful Post:

fifteendays (04-13-2011)

Thanks

Thanks for the nudge Ed. Time to open the checkbook and help our friends. Mine is coming out tomorrow. Way overdue.
    Mark

Keep close to Nature's heart...
    and break clear away, once in awhile,
    and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods.
    Wash your spirit clean. - John Muir

Hiking photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/mtruman42
    Hiking Blog: http://theramblingsblog.blogspot.com/
    Seek the 2011 Peak page: Mark Truman's Pledge Page

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mtruman For This Useful Post:

fifteendays (04-13-2011)

Thanks

8. The Following User Says Thank You to h2oeco For This Useful Post:

Snow Miser (04-18-2011)

Thanks

I just renewed my membership and bumped it up a level...Hope that helps
    Club Member, Mt Washington Observatory
    ~ Everything happens in it's own time ~

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BAXTERCA2 For This Useful Post:

Anna LeBlanc (04-22-2011), Charlie (04-18-2011), CHRIS (04-18-2011), Snow Miser (04-20-2011)

Thanks

Thanks Karen!

For the rest of you, the end (of the fiscal year) is fast approaching - only 10 days left until April 30th. If you have not already done so, please join the Observatory, renew your membership, make a donation, or contribute to Seek the Peak!

If you are at a loss as to what to do to help the Observatory, please make a donation to my Seek the Peak page in support of the Observatory. ;-)

Thanks!

Ed

Thanks

I looked at what I had given to the Observatory for the fiscal year and then went to the web site and topped things off - rounded up to help a bit. Seek The Peak donations do not count for this year as it is an event in next fiscal year. The Observatory wants to finish this year near on budget. So, every bit helps right now.
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

Thanks