Thread: little bouldering Joshua Tree Natl Park

Thanks

Default little bouldering Joshua Tree Natl Park

Well nothing to do with Mt Wash but defintley a rock pile....

The trail was lost palm oasis trail 3.4 miles each way with minimal < 1000' elevation

but we added on an extra mile or so side trip on the way back to climb up this peak

which was called Masterdon Peak maybe 5000'

Now here is a nice view of the actual palm oasis

and here is me walking in the bottom of the canyon

and my exit route

Then a lake?? way of in the distance from the trail on the way out

finally a nice little sunset after descending that side peak to end the day

I'll try to post some more pics from Mt. Whitney and/or Yosemite when I head over that way.....

-tim

BTW I hope you all are enjoying the blooming alpine garden flowers in up there in beautiful New Hampshire! I'm already looking forward to my annual December time up there and l'lll be seeing you all out on the trail once that ice starts to form again
    Last edited by surferclimber; 05-13-2011 at 02:06 AM.
    "when it starts to hurt you might be nearly halfway, now its probably a good idea take out those ropes and put your crampons on!"

-Tim: MWOBS donor, AMC member, and steadily but surely working on joining the AMC 48 in winter committee

Thanks

Then to start the next day we did a little 1.5 mile each way hike into the 49 palms oasis.. no pics from along the way but we did see a nice little rattlesnake along the trail.
    After that we headed into the main part of the park and climbed upto 5000' ish Ryan Mountain to catch this beautiful view

where that is San Jacinto Peak off in the distance; looked like a really nice climb 10500' and the catucus to clouds trail... pretty wild looking up at that peak from way down in the valley down by I-10 with all of the wind farms, wish we could have climbed it but had to get to LA.

Anyways, after Ryan mountain we headed over to Jumbo rocks area and here is a pic of me coming down from a nice little gully climb ( glarey sorry really bright sun...)

And in that same area you know I had to get a shot of one of theses trees

of course with a sweet climb that is of course way out of my league - I'm just an ice climber.

Then to end the day we headed over to the hidden valley area to do a little 1 mile cool down loop, and that area is where some of the bigger 5.9 - 5.11 climbs are in Joshua Tree - again way out of my league - but we did get to see a few guys cleaning up who had just came of one of these routes

http://www.summitpost.org/select-rou...burrito/596926

All in all good few days - of course great Mexican food w negra Modello at the end of the day tasted sooooooooo good

Thanks

Very nice! It looks like a good area to hike, and a whole lot different than back east. Thanks for sharing,
    Bob

I never want to see a day
    That's over forty degrees
    I'd rather have it thirty,
    Twenty, ten, five and let it freeeeEEEEEEeeze!

My Seek the Peak 2014 Photo Set

Thanks

wow! nice stuff...thanks for posting
    nature photography of the White Mountains
    by Patrick LaFreniere
    new site: www.pbase.com/myworld

Thanks

Beautiful photos of a spectacular area.Thanks for taking us along.