Thread: Watery Hikes along the Beaver Brook Trail and Other Locations

Thanks

Default Watery Hikes along the Beaver Brook Trail and Other Locations

The best sentiment I could dredge-up relative to my recent hikes is the somewhat overused adage that says "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em". The weather here in northern NH (and most of New England) continues to be a bit on the damp and dreary side. So, it seems appropriate to just go with the flow (pun intended!) and do some weather-appropriate hikes.

On Saturday (21-May-2011), my friend Marty and I decided to hike the first mile of the Beaver Brook Trail just so we could witness the spectacular display of cascades along that segment of trail. We had no intentions on this particular day of hiking the full length of the trail to the summit of Mt. Moosilauke. Our destination was solely to the area along the trail known as the Beaver Brook Cascades.

We certainly were NOT disappointed with the venue we chose! It was quite an exhibition! Shown below is just one of the many cascades we saw along the way. For anyone who might have some interest in seeing more photos taken during our hike, then please click HERE to be linked to my Blog. I've included additional snapshots not only of the Beaver Brook Cascades, but also some snapshots taken from a couple of other "watery hikes" over the past few days.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////
    John

My Blogs:

http://1happyhiker.blogspot.com/
    http://2small2bbig.blogspot.com/

My Facebook Page:
    http://www.facebook.com/1HappyHikerNH

Thanks

Very nice waterfalls John. They are certainly flowing nicely with all this rain we've had. And your photo of the "Old Man of the Mountain" profiler turn out very nice. The next time I am in NH, I will have to go there to see exhibit.
    Bob

I never want to see a day
    That's over forty degrees
    I'd rather have it thirty,
    Twenty, ten, five and let it freeeeEEEEEEeeze!

My Seek the Peak 2014 Photo Set

Thanks

Default Nice waterfall

I decided not to go to Moosilauke on Sunday because the clouds were low. I went to Carr Mountain, which was wet but wet-muddy rather than wet-spectacular.

I climbed Beaver Brook trail last July. It was much drier.

John

Thanks

John,
    Outstanding photos again. Waterfalls have a beauty all their own. Thanks for the article on the Old Man. Didn't realize the Profilers Exhibit had been completed. Look forward to seeing it next fall.

Donna
    "If you can't find time to fix it right, when will you find time to fix it again."