Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fall Foliage

Thanks

Default Fall Foliage

we're planning a sept 24 - oct 2 white mt trip this fall. is this pretty close to peak fall colors in the whites? thanks.

Thanks

I believe that' very close.
    Bob

I never want to see a day
    That's over forty degrees
    I'd rather have it thirty,
    Twenty, ten, five and let it freeeeEEEEEEeeze!

My Seek the Peak 2014 Photo Set

Thanks

You'll be happy about your Prior Planning, that should be quite close. Valley locals will tell you that peak foliage coincides with the dates of the Fryeburg Fair, but up in the Notches ( Pinkham, Evans, Crawford), "peak" is often a few days to a week earlier. OF COURSE, ask any number of people what they think is " peak", and you'll get any number of answers.

Breeze

Thanks

perfect, i can hardly wait. thanks.

Thanks

We usually find that many believe Columbus Day weekend is good for fall foliage in the Whites. However, north of the Notches that is usually just a little too late. Columbus Day wknd is good for the Lakes Region. But if you will be North of the Notches or in the Lincoln area, that first weekend of October is usually good, but is also bonkers for traffic, dining, etc. I hope you have made lodging reservations already.
    "LIVE FREE OR DIE...DEATH IS NOT THE WORST OF ALL EVILS." Gen. John Stark. "by reason of much foule weather and Extreme Bad Woods to travel in..." From the letter of my Great Uncle, Samuel Willard (accompanied by my grandfather Henry), to Governor Dummer on August 16, 1725, explaining the reason for his return, being instructed to "range all the country", of the Wawobadenik (White Mountains) July 19-August 16, 1725. I am a 13th generation New Englander and proud of it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FisherCat View Post
    We usually find that many believe Columbus Day weekend is good for fall foliage in the Whites. However, north of the Notches that is usually just a little too late. Columbus Day wknd is good for the Lakes Region. But if you will be North of the Notches or in the Lincoln area, that first weekend of October is usually good, but is also bonkers for traffic, dining, etc. I hope you have made lodging reservations already.
    yup, made them last month. :-)

Thanks

New Hampshire in the fall is my favorite. Even though I am going up next weekend, I look forward to my weekend in October. Last year we went Columbus Day weekend for the Fryeburg fair, which was something to see, but very people busy and too much for me. I go there to get away from the crowds, this year we are doing our regular weekend, which is the weekend after Columbus Day. We still catch some pretty good foliage in some parts.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to KathyC For This Useful Post:

Anna LeBlanc (06-28-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KathyC View Post
    New Hampshire in the fall is my favorite. Even though I am going up next weekend, I look forward to my weekend in October. Last year we went Columbus Day weekend for the Fryeburg fair, which was something to see, but very people busy and too much for me. I go there to get away from the crowds, this year we are doing our regular weekend, which is the weekend after Columbus Day. We still catch some pretty good foliage in some parts.
    we're usually in north conway the first week in september but this year we wanted more time after our trip to the rockies to save a little more money. we'll also make a second trip down for the thanksgiving weekend as well. its our home away from home.

Thanks

Yours and many others that post here, I'm so excited about the trip up, but dreading the ride home.
    Just thinking about being there relaxes me..

11. The Following User Says Thank You to KathyC For This Useful Post:

Anna LeBlanc (06-28-2011)

Thanks

Have a great time up there Kathy! Just don't think about coming home until the last day.
    Bob

I never want to see a day
    That's over forty degrees
    I'd rather have it thirty,
    Twenty, ten, five and let it freeeeEEEEEEeeze!

My Seek the Peak 2014 Photo Set