Thread: Trustee Brad Bradstreet in a Kilt?

Thanks

Default Trustee Brad Bradstreet in a Kilt?

OK, folks... Here's the deal.

MWO Trustee and active forum participant Brad Bradstreet is the captain of a Seek the Peak hiking team. His team is the "Kilted Clan", and is comprised of a bunch of very active forums participants and veteran Seek the Peak hikers. The thing that makes the Kilted Clan unique is the fact that most of them actually hike in KILTS. Not the tartan plaid, Scottish Highlands, bagpiper style... no, they hike in kilts that are specially-designed for hiking. Why do they hike in kilts you ask? I'll leave that to them to answer!

The problem is that Brad does not have a kilt. He won't be in a kilt at STP. He refuses to wear a kilt. Meanwhile, he's the captain of the kilt team. Not cool.

Brad Bradstreet needs to be in a kilt.

So here's the challenge... Brad told me the other day that he will only hike in a kilt as a result of some large gifts to his STP fundraising efforts. How big? "Not a few hundred or a thousand... I need bigger," he said. Apparently, $5,000 will get him thinking about the kilt, and more will make it happen.

He called me out on my Facebook page and said that I couldn't raise the money. He publicly challenged me. So it's on.

Brad's current fundraising total is $1,500. Let's crush that number. Our Board has received this challenge, and so has 11,000 people on Facebook as well. I want to see a member of the Mount Washington Observatory Board of Trustees stand on a stage in front of 600 people and profess his love for this institution... while wearing a kilt.

Give today at http://s.seekthepeak.org/brad... and feel free to pass this along!

It should be noted that as a Trustee, Brad is not eligible for the STP prize drawings... this is all for the good of the cause.

Thanks, everyone! And yes, we will post photos.

Yours,
    Scot Henley
    Executive Director
    Mount Washington Observatory
    Last edited by fifteendays; 07-01-2011 at 12:07 AM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fifteendays For This Useful Post:

Anna LeBlanc (07-03-2011), Charlie (06-30-2011), CHRIS (06-30-2011), Mackmom (07-01-2011), mtruman (07-01-2011)

Thanks

Default Yeah, baby!

I've got one all picked out for him! Oh yeah, and one for you too, Scott!

KDT
    Last edited by KD Talbot; 06-30-2011 at 02:43 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to KD Talbot For This Useful Post:

Charlie (06-30-2011)

Thanks

I cannot wait to see Brad up on stage in a kilt!

Go sponsors!!!
    Bob

I never want to see a day
    That's over forty degrees
    I'd rather have it thirty,
    Twenty, ten, five and let it freeeeEEEEEEeeze!

My Seek the Peak 2013 Photo Set

Thanks

BRAD: If you do wear a kilt.....be careful if your hiking Huntington....you dont want anyone to see up your bootie and believe me... they will!!
    click here to sponsor me or just check out my page

https://www.mountwashington.org/site...=kendragarrity

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kendra4 For This Useful Post:

Anna LeBlanc (07-03-2011), fifteendays (07-01-2011), Snow Miser (07-01-2011)

Thanks

I want to see Brad and Scott on stage in a kilt. As a team member and a kilt wearer I personally will never hike in pants again. Brad and Scott you need to be free.

Thanks

Whoa now, people... how did this get to be about me??!

Scot

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fifteendays For This Useful Post:

Anna LeBlanc (07-03-2011), Charlie (07-01-2011), Snow Miser (07-01-2011)

Thanks

While I am not a member of the Board like Brad, I am the co-captain of the Kilted Clan and am the other non-kilted holdout on the team (the other 6 have their kilts ready and waiting). I've agreed to stand with Brad as a fully kilted member of the team if we get that big donation that Scot suggested. We expect that every individual on the team will raise over $1000 (we're almost there now) and the team is currently over $8000 total. I believe that if the world wants to see Brad and I in kilts we're looking at a goal of at least $15,000 for the team. I'm not sure why it's so important for the world to see two old guys with skinny legs (yes Brad, that means you too) wearing a kilt, but if Scot can use that to help the cause then bring it on! I actually ordered my kilt online last night but the tags aren't coming off until our fundraising goal is over the top.

Oh, and by the way - I think it's a fine idea for Scot to be considered an honorary Kilted Clan member for his efforts on our behalf. I'm sure that we'd be able to scare up a kilt for him so that he can join us on stage for the team photo!
    Mark

Keep close to Nature's heart...
    and break clear away, once in awhile,
    and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods.
    Wash your spirit clean. - John Muir

Hiking photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/mtruman42
    Hiking Blog: http://theramblingsblog.blogspot.com/
    Seek the 2011 Peak page: Mark Truman's Pledge Page

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mtruman For This Useful Post:

Anna LeBlanc (07-03-2011), Charlie (07-01-2011), CHRIS (07-01-2011), Mackmom (07-01-2011), Snow Miser (07-02-2011)

Thanks

Old guys HMMMM Might try a new avenue. Senior citizen homes. There are some people there that might really admire both Marks and Brads old skinny legs. May the donations come in.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CHRIS For This Useful Post:

Charlie (07-01-2011), mtruman (07-01-2011), Snow Miser (07-02-2011)

Thanks

I am not sure the "Thanks" button is the one I should select. But, I have not seen a big enough contribution to my STP fun-raising efforts to put me into a kilt. Scot thinks he can do it and - for the Observatory - that would be wonderful. As I have said all along, we need a "significant" donation here to make this happen. It does not have to come from one person. And, if you make the contribution to one of our team members who is not up to the $1,000 level yet, I will still consider it a part of this challenge. Help make sure each Kilted Clan team member gets to the $1,000 level. That is our team goal and we have a chance of doing it if folks check out the team at http://s.seekthepeak.org/kiltedclan and donate - BIG.

Big I am sure Scot will not be able to meet the challenge.
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brad For This Useful Post:

Charlie (07-01-2011), Snow Miser (07-02-2011)