Thread: Mt. Washington 4.2.11, Jewel up, Tuckerman down.

Thanks

Default Mt. Washington 4.2.11, Jewel up, Tuckerman down.

What a beautiful day yesterday! We started out with 7 folks at 7:30 at the Cog railway. About 20 minutes into it, my friends daughter thought that she would not be able to make the ascent. So, they went back down, took the vehicle, and decided to meet us on at the Pinkham notch visitor center later that day when we were finished. A nice benefit to not take the same trail twice. Two of the kids I took had not been up top before, so they were able to see both sides.

The hike. Made it to the trail intersection above treeline in 3 hours, and the top in about 4:15. A slight breeze, minimal black flies (although I have a few itches today on my legs), and perfect temps. Slight crowds during the descent on the cone getting down into the ravine. Not horrible, but you had to sidestep people here and there. Skiers were taking advantage of the last of spring skiing. Time down was 3 hours.

My friend who's daughter bailed early on didn't waste the day. They went on some other less taxing hikes around the area, and had a good day as well. Alls well that ends well.

As always the pizza and chili at the cafeteria at the top were OUTSTANDING after hiking up. I had not had the chili before, and it was sooooo good. Would of been great on Nachos too.

Billw

Thanks

Nice pictures! Looks like you had a great day!
    Glad they finally opened Tuckermans! I wanted to hike that trail down 10 days ago but it was closed.
    Thats a 4th of July weekend the kids will never forget!
    click here to sponsor me or just check out my page

https://www.mountwashington.org/site...=kendragarrity

Thanks

Oh? I had no idea it was closed as recently as that. Lucky I guess.