Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did the prize rules change?

Thanks

Well, these are very humbling responses. You folks have raised so much..... How do you do it?

I work in a Mill and it's tough. Foks have been good to me in the past, but this year I had to compete with Relay for life, little league, Girl Scouts, and an employee's house burning down. HR stepped up and kicked in. Wife and I only raised $579 and she did the Lions share. But we're still very pumped to have raised that.

Again, kudos to you folks. After seeing these responses, I'm wishing I never asked.

Have fun Saturday. Wife and I are pumped!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by One_who_waits View Post
    Well, these are very humbling responses. You folks have raised so much..... How do you do it?

I work in a Mill and it's tough. Foks have been good to me in the past, but this year I had to compete with Relay for life, little league, Girl Scouts, and an employee's house burning down. HR stepped up and kicked in. Wife and I only raised $579 and she did the Lions share. But we're still very pumped to have raised that.

Again, kudos to you folks. After seeing these responses, I'm wishing I never asked.

Don't put yourself down for raising $579 - that's fantastic. Times are tough and many situations can dictate the fundraising success level. I think that many of us have just been very fortunate to have at least a few people that make large individual contributions. Competing with a number of other fundraising events among your major circle of potential givers makes it really hard. Hats off to you and your wife for keeping at it! Hope to see you Saturday.
    Mark

Keep close to Nature's heart...
    and break clear away, once in awhile,
    and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods.
    Wash your spirit clean. - John Muir

Hiking photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/mtruman42
    Hiking Blog: http://theramblingsblog.blogspot.com/
    Seek the 2011 Peak page: Mark Truman's Pledge Page

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by One_who_waits View Post

You can be proud of raising that much! It is hard to do especially when you are probably getting $20 and $25 donations. It takes a lot to get up over $500. I did not tap on people I work with much at all. This was partly because they are being hit by all sorts of local groups and events. It would be nice to pull in what Ed does - but, there is only one Ed. Getting over the $1,000 mark is very hard. When we have the Awards dinner they normally have the $1,000 level folks come up to stand in a line. It has been getting longer each year - but, it is still not a lot of people. It is plain tough to do.

Every bit each person can pull in helps and it is amazing when we see the ending total. It would be wonderful to break the $200,000 mark this year. I have heard we are close.
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

Thanks

Just sending some love to all of you this year. Fundraising is hard work anytime, and in this economy it is even tougher sledding.

Since early this morning at the AR tollhouse, the buzz has been vibrant, enthusiastic, upbeat, fun and a great band of volunteers started arriving early to help set up the base party and Expo area. Although enthusiasm doesn't always make money in the short run, enthusiasm is infectious over the long run and this Seek the Peak Party had a strong early indication that support runs deep. It was fabulous to see so many smiling faces early this morning and through the day.

Breeze

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Breeze For This Useful Post:

Anna LeBlanc (07-23-2011)