Thread: Good Luck to All Hikers This Year

Thanks

Default Good Luck to All Hikers This Year

Hi All,

It's been a long time since I have been on here. It s been a crazy year for me. Sadly I missed seek the peak last year due to my fathers 70th, but of course that wasn't sad and I was preparing for this years seek the peak when I got some bad news. Unfortunately, a fibroma was found in my knee which has caused the bone in my tibia just below my knee to deteriorate 50%. Simply I am at a huge risk of breaking my leg until I have surgery on it this fall. Haven't been able to hike all season, but hopefully I will be ready to go for some skiing this winter and back to hiking in the spring.

Anyways enough about my drama. I just wanted to to say good luck to all the seek the peakers this year. Have Fun, Be Safe, and Enjoy the Day. It is all for a great cause!

To the Kilted Clan - Way to go guys, your fundraising efforts have been, well, to say the least Amazing! Good Job.

I'm going to miss all the great people again this year at seek the peak, but I still must make my trip to the summit this year somehow, that I cannot give up, so I will be coming up in August with some friends to introduce them to Mount Washington and will take the easy route by driving the auto road!

njhiker signing off! Have Fun All!!!!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to njhiker For This Useful Post:

Anna LeBlanc (07-18-2011), Mackmom (07-18-2011), mtruman (07-19-2011)

Thanks

I hope that your surgery goes well and you'll be back out there before you know it. Last winter we did a meet and greet in Nyack NY, maybe another will take place down in this area again in the off months. Consider joining us, it's a really nice time!!
    Feel better...

Thanks

Good luck with your surgery!!! I hope it goes well, and you have a speedy recovery. The trails will be waiting for you.
    Bob

I never want to see a day
    That's over forty degrees
    I'd rather have it thirty,
    Twenty, ten, five and let it freeeeEEEEEEeeze!

My Seek the Peak 2014 Photo Set

Thanks

Good luck NJ! The Whites aren't going anywhere anytime soon!

Thanks

I'll join the others in saying best of luck with your surgery and recovery. Hope you can come back and join us for Seek the Peak in the future. Getting better is the #1 thing though. Thanks too for the kind words for the Kilted Clan. We've had a blast doing the pre-event fundraising this year and can't wait for Saturday.
    Mark

Keep close to Nature's heart...
    and break clear away, once in awhile,
    and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods.
    Wash your spirit clean. - John Muir

Hiking photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/mtruman42
    Hiking Blog: http://theramblingsblog.blogspot.com/
    Seek the 2011 Peak page: Mark Truman's Pledge Page

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mtruman For This Useful Post:

Anna LeBlanc (07-20-2011)

Thanks

NJ, if you can get to the area on Saturday, drive to the summit and hang out with folks. It is great to see everyone as they come through. I will be up there all day as an official Trustee Greeter. Hope to see and lots of other folks there.

I am not hiking this year either, but I would not miss it for the world. NJ to Pinkham is about a 7 hour drive. I have done Raleigh to Ohio (9 hours each way) for dinner and drive home afterwards. Come join us for dinner!
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

Thanks

NJ Hiker, best of luck with the surgery! Get out of the hospital as soon as you can.

No hikes in my immediate future either, hubby's got more ailments than you you can shake a hiking stick at, but I'm getting good at lifting the wheelchair in and out of my truck.

I wanted to add my good wishes to all the hikers as well and to let you all know how much I enjoy your trail reports and pictures. Will look forward to the weekend reports.

Alice

Thanks

Hi All,

Just wanted to say thanks for all the well wishes. I will back next year for sure. And I will be heading up there in 3 weeks to introduce some friends and there kids to the mountain. It will also be my sons first time at Mount Washington! Will of course be taking the auto road, no hiking this time.

Brad, I wish I could have made it up this year, bad scheduling I guess, was actually contemplating it and still fundraising before hand. Not sure why I didn't honestly, and thanks for the invite!

The mountain is calling my name, I can hear it and I miss it. Hope you all had a great time this year, and all of you did a great job in your fundraising efforts this year. Such a great cause!

Oh and Congrats to Charlie on the Subaru, or should I say Nancy! Such a good husband you are!

Take care all!