Thread: reputation system

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default reputation system

does anyone here think it woudl be a good idea to install a reputation system so that good posts and good work could be acknowledged? I think that this would foster a sense of trying to improve posts and write up interesting things...

for those who don't know, the way this works is simple. when you write a post, there is a button in section of each post in the thread to add reputation. this is contributed to the user's reputation, which builds up over time. this allows users who frequently post interesting/well-written posts to be acknowledged publicy by the forum community for their hard work.
    5 Days 2007-2008

Thanks

Default Rate Thread

The "Rate Thread" button near the top of each page is close to what you're asking. People should try to start discussions that are rated 4 or 5 stars. Conversely, no one would want to see their name next to a thread rated just 1 or 2 stars.

Thanks

while I agree that this helps to accomplish the goal, i'm looking for a user-based system (similiar to what they have at Time for Tuckerman, if anyone has been there) that would attach a rating to each user that would show up everywhere the user posted. i think it would help mature the forum and provide some impetus to do good work, so to speak.
    5 Days 2007-2008

Thanks

I think the star system works fine for now.

I go on T4T all the time and their reputation system doesn't seem to be helping. There is an overwhelming amount of smiley and one word replies. Lots of people replying just to say "I agree", etc. Many users have 5,000+ posts because everybody feels they need to chime in just to say "cool."
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight

Thanks

i kinda noticed this post has 5 stars, kinda ironic...and i think if you notice all the T4T members with the one word responses are the ones w/out much reppage. oh well, just an idea.
    5 Days 2007-2008

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davidhowland14
    i kinda noticed this post has 5 stars, kinda ironic...and i think if you notice all the T4T members with the one word responses are the ones w/out much reppage. oh well, just an idea.
    I did that. I never noticed the reputation feature in T4T, I'll take a look. Maybe its not visible if your aren't a member, which I am not.
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight