Thread: Eisenhower-Pierce Loop to end the summer

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Eisenhower-Pierce Loop to end the summer

For day 2 of my White Mountain vacation we went up Edmand's Path to Eisenhower, over to Pierce, down to the Mizpah Hut, and finally down Crawford Path. Beautiful weather, beautiful views.
    There were so many great pictures that I couldn't include them all, but I hope you all enjoy what I was able to fit in.

http://opw9010.blogspot.com/2011/08/...wer-17-mt.html

Thanks

Yes Owen, that's what I like to see! Great views on both of your trips. Great different vantage point of Moriah going up the Stony Brook. The Northern Presidentials are so impressive from this ridge. I remember standing there several weeks ago on the Carter-Moriah Trail thinking about my upcoming traverse.

Great weather too. I think we have all been blessed by the mountain gods this summer with very good weather. Good to see you back on the trail. Are you going back to Chicago? Will you be doing any this winter?
    DMOutdoors

DMOutdoors - My Blog

Thanks

The mountain gods were certainly looking upon us favorably this summer. And in case I forgot to write it somewhere else, congrats on finishing your 48! I've been following along, I just haven't been so good about commenting lately.

Chicago was just for the summer. I'm back to school in Pennsylvania starting Monday. Back to the North Shore in November and December. I'll definitely be picking up some more peaks this winter and over Thanksgiving. Might even do some Northern Presidentials this winter, but we'll wait and see.

Thanks

Another great set of pics! Congratulations on #18. Good luck at school. Thanks for sharing!
    Bob

I never want to see a day
    That's over forty degrees
    I'd rather have it thirty,
    Twenty, ten, five and let it freeeeEEEEEEeeze!

My Seek the Peak 2014 Photo Set

Thanks

A month ago my wife and I hiked up Edmands Path with the intention of heading to Eisenhower. We felt strong when we reached above the tree line. We changed our plans and instead hiked to Mt Monroe and the Lakes of the Clouds hut and returned the same way. It is so beautiful above tree line. I love it.

Thanks

What a gorgeous day to be in the southern Presis!! (or anywhere in the mountains for that matter). Awesome pics. Congrats on knocking two more off the list to end your summer. Hope you have just as good luck when you come back for the fall/winter months. Good luck with school in the mean time.
    Mark

Keep close to Nature's heart...
    and break clear away, once in awhile,
    and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods.
    Wash your spirit clean. - John Muir

Hiking photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/mtruman42
    Hiking Blog: http://theramblingsblog.blogspot.com/
    Seek the 2011 Peak page: Mark Truman's Pledge Page

Thanks

Thanks Bob!

d.b. -- Can't disagree, the alpine zone is an astounding place to be. I had the urge to run over to Monroe...looks so close from up there. But that's another hike to look forward to.

Mark -- Thanks for checking it out. We got so lucky with back-to-back bluebird days...walking above treeline from Eisenhower to Pierce with the sun shining and not a care in the world is definitely a favorite memory.

Hopefully you can all make it up north soon. As for me, I'm back in PA dreaming of the mountains haha.