Thread: Mount Pierce 09-11-11

Thanks

Default Mount Pierce 09-11-11

Hi Everyone!

For Flags on the 48, I was hoping to hike Carrigain...but with the Sawyer River damage, the hike was too long for me to feel comfortable. So, instead, I recruited my cousin (who I had never hiked with...and had never hiked NH) and we went up to the summit of Mount Pierce. Unfortunately, we left too early and missed the flags. I completely miscalculated our transit time and hiking time.

The hike was great. The temperatures were perfect. This was my first time up the Crawford Path too. My full trip report and pictures are on my blog:

http://livefreeandhikenh.blogspot.co...nt-pierce.html

Please take a moment and visit it if you have time.

Probably the best thing that came out of the trip was that my cousin is now going to pursue the 48! This was my 10th and her 1st!

Here are a couple of my favorite shots:

2. The Following User Says Thank You to KSearl For This Useful Post:

Anna LeBlanc (09-20-2011)

Thanks

Great TR and photos Karl. Even though you didn't get to see the flags, it looks like the two of you had a nice hike. Nice enough that your cousin now has the hiking bug. Best of luck to her on bagging her 48. Thanks for sharing!
    Bob

I never want to see a day
    That's over forty degrees
    I'd rather have it thirty,
    Twenty, ten, five and let it freeeeEEEEEEeeze!

My Seek the Peak 2014 Photo Set

Thanks

Thanks for sharing, Karl! Some great pictures as well. Pierce is one of my favorites. Nice to see some foliage changing up north!

Thanks

Thanks Bob! I was bummed we didn't see the flags, but it was still a great day. My cousin is already planning on bagging her second peak on the list this weekend coming up. Moosilauke is her target!

Thanks Owen! Pierce was a nice summit. I can see why it is one of your favorites. The foliage was starting for sure. I'm guessing now, it is even more dramatic. It won't be long before the "crazy" leaf peepers make their way up north!

Karl