Thread: Intern and Marty

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Intern and Marty

i'm not sure who was working at the obs museum on Sept 27th but she made my wife's trip. we hiked up to the summit early that morning (topped out at 8am). after enjoying the view for an hour or two we went looking for Marty. no sight of him anywhere so we went to ask at the museum. the intern working there thought she might know where he is so we gave her our camera to go take a pic of him. a few minutes later, not only does she have a pic of Marty but here she comes down the stairs with him in her arms. My wife was thrilled!! she not only has a pic of him but got to brush him up as well. he hung out there for a little longer until the first group from the Cog showed up, then he split. lol I just thought i'd say thank you to whoever was working there that morning, you made my better half very happy.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to novascroller For This Useful Post:

Anna LeBlanc (10-04-2011), Charlie (10-04-2011), Snow Miser (10-05-2011)

Thanks

The person you are referring to on that date would be our Museum Attendant, Erin. I'm glad to hear that you were able to not only get a picture of Marty but also meet him. Usually the cat is hiding or our attendants are so busy that they don't usually have time to go Marty hide-and-go-seeking. But, glad it all worked out. I will pass your message of gratitude along to her.
    Ryan Knapp
    Staff Meteorologist/Night Observer, KMWN (Mt Washington Obs., NH)

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Knapper For This Useful Post:

Anna LeBlanc (10-04-2011), Charlie (10-04-2011), novascroller (10-18-2011), Snow Miser (10-05-2011)

Thanks

It's always great when anyone can get to meet Marty! We got to hang out with him in the Observatory two Summers ago for awhile.We'll never forget it.Can't wait to spend some time with him and the Observers again some day in the not too distant future.

_______
    Anna

Thanks

I drove up to the summit a couple of years ago on my Bday and I had two bags of goodies for Marrty. I ran into Mike Pelchat, he was so nice and took me down stairs to the Observers quarters and we found Marty sleeping in his box. I got to meet him and spend some time with him. It was a very memorable day for me.