Well, we left MA after the game on Sat, and couldn't find a place to stay, so we drove to NH...very tiring.

Around 530am, we hit the brakes....for 50' away was a moose. He gave us a dirty look and wandered off. First moose I have ever seen

We were still tired on Monday, so we did Willard to stretch out legs. Lovely hike, and met a cool woman and her son....they were both having lots of fun.

Tuesday: We hiked N and S Hancocks. Took N peak up....pretty tough going. But totally worth it. The trail from N to S peak was so beautiful! So old looking...and too short. Was a surprise when we got to S peak, seemed too easy. There were a few people there, getting ready to head down. As we were getting ready to go down S peak...we met a woman and her very cute dog. They went down N peak....which I thinkw as impressive...I can't imagine heading down that trail. Heading down S Peak was bad enough for me! #9, #10 done. Weather was nice, if a bit too warm for my taste

Wed: Hiked Mt Waumbek. We tried in June, and due to injuries and illness, bailed. Well, once again we had injuries and illness, but we finished. I think this mountain is cursed. Took us far longer than it should have. At Mt Starr King, I fed a Grey Jay outta my hand (yeah, I know feeding wildlife is bad...I couldn't resist this guy). After Starr, we tagged Waumbek....happy in the knowledge that we got #11 On our way down...we met a women who was doing her 39th 4000er! And her two hiking partners who were doing their 2nd

Thurs and Fri rained, so no hiking. But we did hit Moat for beer and eats. Their new Oktoberfest is great, as is their old Brown, Stout, and Pale Love the Growler

can't wait til our next trip up, which will probably be in may

Pics soon when I am not too lazy to upload