Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Camera help please

Thanks

Thank you all so much for your opinions, I'm looking at all of them. All of you take amazing pictures.

Patrick, right now I have a Sony Cybershot 6.0 and I just don't like it. Don't get me wrong, it had taken some great shots, but they are few and far between and I hate playing with settings. I can never take any motion shots, like a bird flying or just spreading it's wings and there is such a long pause before I can take more then one picture and I miss it.
    Lately I've actually been using my phone camera more, I like the pictures better, but you can't do much with it, no flash or zoom.

Brad, that is exactly what I need is a camera for dummies...

Ed, knowing that you have used that camera in a spot with "The Worlds Worst weather", I will seriously read all the info. on this one.

I've been in touch with Anna, another incredible photographer, she has a Sony Cybershot HX100V.

Thanks again, you have no idea how much I appreciate all of your input.
    Last edited by KathyC; 11-10-2011 at 07:19 AM.

Thanks

Hi Kathy!
    Thanks for the big compliment :-) I would love to have the Sony Cybershot HX100V as my next camera.What I have now is a Sony Cybershot DSC H-7.It has been discontinued but you might be able to pick one up through Amazon.It has lots of settings to use if you want to but also has the fully automatic DUMMY mode that Brad mentioned!!!
    I know alot of people prefer Canon or Nikon point and shoot cameras but I like the Sony because it has a Carl Zeiss lens and in my humble opinion Zeiss makes some of the best lenses in the world,I could never afford them for a DSLR camera.

Thanks

Kathy, I use the iPhone 4S point and shoot for dummies, and love it! It's an 8 megapixel, auto-focus, auto-exposure camera that takes great pictures. And the best part of it all, there's just one button to deal with. It did take a little while to master, but I think I have it down now. I know it's not exactly what you're looking for, so please disregard what I just wrote. LOL

Seriously, good luck with your camera search! Hope you find the one you want.
    Bob

I never want to see a day
    That's over forty degrees
    I'd rather have it thirty,
    Twenty, ten, five and let it freeeeEEEEEEeeze!

My Seek the Peak 2014 Photo Set

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snow Miser For This Useful Post:

Anna LeBlanc (11-18-2011), MOAB149 (12-05-2011)

Thanks

I also have a Sony Cybershot DSC H-7, but wasn't always happy with it. I just purchased a Canon ELPH510. I've only had it for a couple of days, but am already very impressed.
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=REG&A=details

Thanks

looks like a nice one
    i am a Summit Club member
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/new pictures and videos

If your not a OBS member yet then what are you waiting for

Thanks

When I hike I take my 'big' camera, my Canon Rebel Digital SLR (in a dry bag!) for pictures from the summits, overlooks, etc. I also bring a Nikon coolpix, and keep it clipped to my chest strap or in a pocket. This way I can shoot anything I see on the trail without having to stop and fuss with pulling out the big camera. If I only bring the big camera, I sometimes miss things I'd like to get a shot of, simply because I can't stop every 5 minutes to pull out the camera and get a shot of something. I could, but I'd never get out of the woods! As far as the point and shoot though, try them out. Walk into a camera store and look at the different ones, look at the options and talk to someone who knows something. They can show you how things work, and help you figure out what's best for you. My big suggestion is, if you can, go with a rechargable battery pack style battery, as opposed to regular AA batteries. I find the regular batteries don't hold up long at all if you're hiking when it's chilly, and you'll end up buying a lot of batteries and not being able to take a picture when you want to cause the camera will be dead : (

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Addicted For This Useful Post:

KathyC (11-24-2011)

Thanks

Thank you all for your help.

That's a great idea to into a camera store, when I get the chance to do some Christmas shopping I will def. go into one and feel them out. I'm not a photographer by any means, but I just want to take nice pictures...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KathyC View Post
    Thank you all for your help.

That's a great idea to into a camera store, when I get the chance to do some Christmas shopping I will def. go into one and feel them out. I'm not a photographer by any means, but I just want to take nice pictures...
    You don't give yourself enough credit Kathy!

Anna

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Anna LeBlanc For This Useful Post:

Snow Miser (11-27-2011)

Thanks

I'm seriously looking at this camera, would it be too advanced for me?
    It seems to have just about everything to help me out once I learn how to use it and it won't break the bank.

http://shop.nikonusa.com/store/nikon...ctid.226114000

Thanks