Thread: TR west side - Franconia SP Liberty / Flume 11/19

Threaded View

Thanks

Default TR west side - Franconia SP Liberty / Flume 11/19

THERE IS SNOW

so kinda a lazy day start - nice breakfast garlic eggs - got on the trail little after noon. Great conditions 40's no wind 100% visibility.

The start of the trail was clear: no snow and minimal water trickling down.

I was intending to go over to Flume and have a little fun climbing up the slide, but I was jogging the "approach" and ran right past the cut off oppsi.

Anyways, after 1 - 1.5 miles in a little dusting of snow, perhaps 3000' ? But no concern nor need for any spikes, defintley not any need for double plastic YET ; )

Up by the tent camps the trail became mostly snow but very minimal 1-2' so again regular boots still fine

I reached the summit of Liberty in under 2 hours to find great views! Visibility just amazing!!! Pretty comfortable up there maybe 10-20 knt winds with 25-30 F so I just sat there in a polypro and eat a couple of cliff bars. Back down to the car very quickly with a light jog... all in all round trip maybe 3 - 3.5 hours for 8 miles roundtrip with maybe 3000' elevation gain? Not a bad afternoon of exercises

Wish I had some pics to share, but only took the cell and I won't disrespect by posting that crap... Perhaps this old shot from out west this spring will make up for it

Well back down to Florida to give the finals etc,then very soon till my annual winter month up here... let the ice form let it form!!!!!!!!

will be looking forward to seeing you all out there in good old alpine conditions not to soon
    Last edited by smithtim; 11-19-2011 at 07:48 PM.
    'when it starts to hurt your nearly halfway and probably should get out those ropes & put your crampons on"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to smithtim For This Useful Post:

Snow Miser (11-20-2011)