Thread: Halfway on Wildcat

Thanks

Default Halfway on Wildcat

Extremely cold today, but a beautiful bluebird day.
    Great day on the Wildcats...#23 and #24. Halfway to 48!

Check out my blog and pictures..

http://opw9010.blogspot.com/2011/12/...dcat-d_18.html

Thanks

congrads on bagging 24 of em... the glass is always half full right

But it really couldn't of been that cold as some dude was out front of my condo surfing a 4' shorepound down here on the seacoast yesterday
    Last edited by smithtim; 12-19-2011 at 08:24 PM.
    'when it starts to hurt your nearly halfway and probably should get out those ropes & put your crampons on"

Thanks

Congrats on halfway! It's funny how the counting changes once you've reached halfway. Now I can't remember which one I'm on, I just know that I'm more than half way done. I got exactally half way done and then got pregnant and had to take a little break and delay the completion of the list. I've added only 2 more since I've been able to get back out there, but it's a great journey no matter what. Every hike is worth it and has it's own little story and memories. Good luck with the second half!

Thanks

A terrific TR and incredible pics, Owen. I want to do the same hike but when there is a lot of snow. I only have seven 4k's down. It's my guess that I won't summit all of them and that's ok. Lately, I have been hiking some smaller ones and really enjoying it. My wife and I hiked Cardigan for the first time a few W/E's ago. The views were incredible. We had to use our crampons T/O the hike. It was very icy. Your pictures are always beautiful. congrats

Thanks

Congratulations on numbers 23 and 24! And you are certainly correct about the view of Washington from Wildcat D being a million times better in person! A couple of us were up there in Sept on a bluebird day like yours, and it was breathtaking to take in such a beautiful view. Thanks for sharing!
    Bob

I never want to see a day
    That's over forty degrees
    I'd rather have it thirty,
    Twenty, ten, five and let it freeeeEEEEEEeeze!

My Seek the Peak 2014 Photo Set

Thanks

Thank you all for the kind words.

Tim...I hope that's not the NH seacoast you're referring to...my guess would be hypothermia in no time.
    Addicted...Thanks for the well-wishes! Counting certainly does get strange --- not quite sure how I got to 24.
    d.b. ... I'm glad you enjoyed the report and pictures. Thanks for taking the time to respond. Glad to hear you've been able to get out and enjoy peaks of any size. The 4kers aren't the only worthy mountains around.
    Bob...Thanks for the feedback. Could've stayed up there all day had it not been so cold!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ow2010 For This Useful Post:

Anna LeBlanc (12-25-2011)

Thanks

^ yeah just south a few miles south of Hampton... guess they make pretty good wetsuits these days as I was just reading about people surfing Alaska... think Tahiti is more my speed :->

Anyways, congrads again and best of luck for the next 24
    Last edited by smithtim; 12-22-2011 at 09:29 PM.
    'when it starts to hurt your nearly halfway and probably should get out those ropes & put your crampons on"