Thread: Portsmouth Urban Forestry Center Trip Report 03-18-12

Thanks

Default Portsmouth Urban Forestry Center Trip Report 03-18-12

Hi Everyone,

I brought my family to the trails at the Portsmouth Urban Forestry Center this weekend. It was beautiful weather and a new place to explore. The trek combines salt marshes, forest, many-many different trees (with a legend identifying different trees), lots of birds, historical stone walls, cemeteries, etc. in a short seacoast hike. My full trip report can be viewed here: http://livefreeandhikenh.blogspot.co...r-and-fun.html

Some of my favorite pictures are below:

Karl
    Last edited by KSearl; 03-21-2012 at 09:27 PM.

Thanks

Terrific photos Karl. The forest center looks like a nice place, tucked in among all the urban activity. Every time I head to NH, it's to the mountains, but your blog now makes me want to visit Portsmouth and this forest center the next time I'm up there. It certainly looks like the three of you had a nice afternoon on the second day of spring. Thanks for bringing us along.
    Bob

I never want to see a day
    That's over forty degrees
    I'd rather have it thirty,
    Twenty, ten, five and let it freeeeEEEEEEeeze!

My Seek the Peak 2014 Photo Set

Thanks

Thanks for the TR. My baby looks to be about the same age as yours, and I can't wait to get her out there to do some hikes. I've found a few nice places (short and not too steep) in the Concord area, but nice to know of other places to visit in the state. I think we're going to give it a try this weekend (see how heavy she really gets!).