Thread: Boulder Loop Trail 5/25/12

Threaded View

Thanks

Default Boulder Loop Trail 5/25/12

Last Friday me and my BF Walter did a hike, Boulder Loop Trail by the Albany Covered Bridge off of the Kanc. I did this trail 18 years ago with my brother in law, we pretty much raced to the top, took a quick picture and then raced back down. It was the last time I had hiked because there was no enjoyment in it what so ever and a few other reasons.

When we left Attitach in the morning it started to rain and as we drove up Passaconaway Rd. it was pretty steady. But Walter is my cheer leader, he said we'll get there and see how it goes, he knew how much I wanted to do this. We got there and it was just misting so we started. There really wasn't much flat ground, it was basically all up, it was wet and slippery sometimes, but we watched our step. He asked a few times if I wanted to go back, but I was OK. He was showing me how to follow the trail and blazes and when I was in front of him, not to just stop because that was dangerous especially when we're on wet rocks.

It was so cool because you could hear the rain falling on the leaves above you, but your not getting rained on. We ran into a couple from Mass. a few times, we chatted a bit and they shared their bug spray. The bugs were terrible, we have quite a few bites...

We finally made the ledges and I was so happy and so proud of myself. It was cloudy on top where you couldn't see much of anything, but I saw a lot. It was only a 3 mile loop and not a 4000 footer like so many here do, but to me it was huge and I felt like I was on top of the world. We took our time looking around, took some pictures, we sat and caught our breath. The trip down went quickly and at the end I was a bit sore, sweaty and dirty but felt like a million bucks. I'm looking forward to the next one......

I love our hikers!

We saw a bunch of Chipmunks along the way, this little guys let me take his picture.

Yay for me!!

My Cheerleader...

Just enjoying..
    Last edited by KathyC; 05-28-2012 at 08:13 AM.