Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Summit climb upcoming saturday june 2nd

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Smile Summit climb upcoming saturday june 2nd

    Hello there,

    We planned our second trip to summit for this upcoming saturday but I'm getting conflicting weather reports. weather.com is showing rain snow wind but the mountwashington.org site is showing cloudy with showers. Would it be wise to reschedule our trip? Just trying to make a decision before the hotel cut off time.

    Thanks for any advice.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mount Washington, NH
    Posts
    362
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 110 Times in 42 Posts

    Default

    Sorry for the lack of response to your thread. In this day and age, more and more people seem to be ditching our forum postings and relying on our Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/MWObs). So, sorry no one got back to you in time, either from the Observatory or a third party. Hopefully your weekend wasn't completely ruined, and if you did go hiking, hopefully you were prepared or turned around at a safe point; unlike so many this weekend. There were several SAR's, so hopefully you were not one of them.

    In the future, we do not provide personalized forecasts; so ultimately, the decision would still have been in your hands. But, at least you were looking at the weather for the days leading up to your hike. But, for future reference, you can look over this thread: http://www.mountwashington.org/forum...ght=#post50395 in which I discuss some of the strengths and weaknesses of the various forecasts available as well as some additional methods and resources you can look at in preparing for a hike.

    Again, sorry for the lack of responses and hopefully, whatever you ended up doing, you had an enjoyable and safe weekend either at home or in the mountains.
    Ryan Knapp
    Staff Meteorologist/Night Observer, KMWN (Mt Washington Obs., NH)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Hi Ryan, thanks for the update. We did not end up going thankfully, turned out that the storm last weekend caused some flooding as well. We pushed it to this weekend which is shaping up to look beautiful, haven't gotten the full report from mount Washington forecast yet but it seems like everywhere else is saying its going to be sunny. So we will be hiking this Saturday! I appreciate your post thanks again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •