Thread: Lylah's First Summit - Black Cap Mountain 05-25-12

Threaded View

Thanks

Default Lylah's First Summit - Black Cap Mountain 05-25-12

Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted due to, well, not hiking much lately. We finally got up to the mountains at the end of May (I know, I know, it's now the end of June) and wanted to post a trip report, even if it may be a little late. It was my daughter's first summit, although she road the whole way up in a pack on my back! Below are a few of my favorite pictures and here's a link to my blog for a full detailed report and pics if you're interested: http://livefreeandhikenh.blogspot.co...-mountain.html

My daughter on my back. This pack is not comfortable at all and I have a tough time with it. I'll have to come up with something else for the next hike...can't wait until she can hike on her own two feet! Notice Elmo, she decided she didn't like him riding with her so she ditched him soon after starting up the trail.

Butterflies were everywhere, as I believe they are all over the mountains this time of year

Here's a painted trillium which has just about passed. I was really bummed I missed the wildflower season this year.

What I believe is a common blue violet...although it may be a different variety.

Does anyone know what these steps went to? Possibly and old fire tower???

Our summit "foot" shot...notice the tiny foot!

Moat Range

Chocorua

Elmo, propped up on the trail. A nice family sat him on a rock so that we could find him on our way back.

Karl

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KSearl For This Useful Post:

Anna LeBlanc (07-02-2012), KathyC (06-29-2012)