Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: August Contest: Average Wind Speed

Thanks

Sorry if you didn't understand the contest this month Karen. I will try to do a better job at explaining next time

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tdb1977 View Post
    Sorry if you didn't understand the contest this month Karen. I will try to do a better job at explaining next time
    You didn't do anything wrong. I read it wrong, or it was my interpretation of the contest. I thought it was the average for the month not the average for each individual day. Again there is NO WAY I would ever guess anything less that 75MPH when it's Mt Washington.

You're doing great, please don't think my comments are critizing you or the contest. You'll find overtime, these contests are a great way of keeping this forum active. If I may ask, who exactly is Tdb1977 or is it top secret
    Club Member, Mt Washington Observatory
    ~ Everything happens in it's own time ~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BAXTERCA2 View Post
    I thought it was the average for the month not the average for each individual day.
    Now I'm confused...
    Isn't that the same thing? The average of each individual day, divided by the number of days in the month, is the average for the month. Correct?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whitemtnvisitor View Post
    Now I'm confused...
    Isn't that the same thing? The average of each individual day, divided by the number of days in the month, is the average for the month. Correct?
    I thought you won!! So I guess I'm still confused.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BAXTERCA2 View Post
    You didn't do anything wrong. I read it wrong, or it was my interpretation of the contest. I thought it was the average for the month not the average for each individual day. Again there is NO WAY I would ever guess anything less that 75MPH when it's Mt Washington.

You're doing great, please don't think my comments are critizing you or the contest. You'll find overtime, these contests are a great way of keeping this forum active. If I may ask, who exactly is Tdb1977 or is it top secret
    Its just my initials with the year I was born. I went to school over in VT for a year at Lyndon State in 1995/96. I'm originally from CT. While in school in VT, I had the opportunity my first weekend of school to take a trip to the summit via the Auto Road. It was the first time I was on the summit. It was an absolute blast. A month later, a group of friends and I hiked up to the summit of the Mt. Washington. I don't remember the trails we took, but it was a great experience. After one year at Lyndon, I returned back home to CT to continue my schooling as things in life occurred. I returned back to the summit with a friend from high school in 99. It was the first weekend the auto road was open. Little did I know that I would move to Pittsburgh, PA soon after that trip. After 11 years, I got to go back to the summit again and thoroughly enjoyed myself again. This time, with my parents and my wife. They, however, did not enjoy the ride up. The entire ride up, I was clicking pictures and pointing things out and all they kept saying was, we're going to go over the edge. My dad made me drive back down the Mountain. I was going to school in VT to study meteorology. I had wanted to do an internship on MW when I got far enough long in school, but like I said things happened and I didnt continue along that career path. Hope that gives you a little bit about me

Thanks

Snow Miser is the only possible winner at this point. Needs to break that 24 mph barrier for the win. The winds really started to trail off this afternoon. Monthly F6 will tell all...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to whitemtnvisitor For This Useful Post:

Snow Miser (08-31-2012)

Thanks

Come on F6. Just 0.9 mph higher! Although it does seem like Mother Nature got us all on this one. LOL
    Last edited by Snow Miser; 08-31-2012 at 08:15 PM.
    Bob

I never want to see a day
    That's over forty degrees
    I'd rather have it thirty,
    Twenty, ten, five and let it freeeeEEEEEEeeze!

My Seek the Peak 2014 Photo Set

Thanks

Congrats Snow Miser!! Looks like you squeaked it out by .1 mph. If you use the total of 746.6 & divide by 31, it's actually .08 mph.
    The last 4 days of the month were a big help. Enjoy!!
    Last edited by whitemtnvisitor; 09-01-2012 at 04:35 PM.

Thanks

Congrats Bob, with the F6 report showing 24.1 as the average wind speed for the month of August. Looks like you breezed by with this contest. Since tbd1977 is the organizer of this contest, we still need his official stamp on this

Thanks

Yay for Snow Miser!!!