Thread: Seek the Peak 2012 - We Hike for Brad

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Seek the Peak 2012 - We Hike for Brad

What an amazing event Seek the Peak was this year. It's taken me several days to process pictures and write this very long blog post and it was almost as emotional a journey as the event itself. The Kilted Clan was back in force this year as we paid our final respects and tribute to our great friend Brad who we lost this April. The last five years have been an amazing journey with the friends of the Mt Washington Observatory and the rest of the White Mountain hiking community. We have Brad to thank for bringing us all together and we will never forget him.

Here's the whole story: http://theramblingsblog.blogspot.com...-for-brad.html

Mark

Keep close to Nature's heart...
    and break clear away, once in awhile,
    and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods.
    Wash your spirit clean. - John Muir

Hiking photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/mtruman42
    Hiking Blog: http://theramblingsblog.blogspot.com/
    Seek the 2011 Peak page: Mark Truman's Pledge Page

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mtruman For This Useful Post:

BAXTERCA2 (07-30-2012), Charlie (09-04-2012), CHRIS (07-29-2012), KathyC (07-29-2012), Snow Miser (07-29-2012)

Thanks

Wow, I knew that it would be a great read. I think that you've outdone yourself.
    Thank you so much for your photos and wordsl.

Thanks

Mark your trip reports are always amazing. I love reading them but this one was even more amazing. So so many people knew Brad and so many people truly loved him. I know I for one mis my friend every day. There is not a day that goes by I don't think of him. He was and still is my best friend. I so wish he was here to celebrate with my family.and I Because of Brad our dreams are coming true. He will always be with each and every one of us. We all carry a piece of Brad in our hearts everywhere.

Thanks

That is a fantastic tribute to Brad, and to the great event of Seek the Peak! I really enjoyed reading it Mark!!! Thank you very much for putting it together and posting on here for all of us to read.
    Bob

I never want to see a day
    That's over forty degrees
    I'd rather have it thirty,
    Twenty, ten, five and let it freeeeEEEEEEeeze!

My Seek the Peak 2014 Photo Set

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KathyC View Post
    Wow, I knew that it would be a great read. I think that you've outdone yourself.
    Thank you so much for your photos and wordsl.
    Thanks Kathy. It was great seeing you last weekend. Looking forward to next time...

Quote Originally Posted by CHRIS View Post
    Mark your trip reports are always amazing. I love reading them but this one was even more amazing. So so many people knew Brad and so many people truly loved him. I know I for one mis my friend every day. There is not a day that goes by I don't think of him. He was and still is my best friend. I so wish he was here to celebrate with my family.and I Because of Brad our dreams are coming true. He will always be with each and every one of us. We all carry a piece of Brad in our hearts everywhere.
    Thanks Chris. What you say is so true. Such an incredible spirit

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Miser View Post
    That is a fantastic tribute to Brad, and to the great event of Seek the Peak! I really enjoyed reading it Mark!!! Thank you very much for putting it together and posting on here for all of us to read.
    Thanks Bob. I really love doing this. All of sharing our words a pictures is a big part of what knits this family together.
    Mark

Keep close to Nature's heart...
    and break clear away, once in awhile,
    and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods.
    Wash your spirit clean. - John Muir

Hiking photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/mtruman42
    Hiking Blog: http://theramblingsblog.blogspot.com/
    Seek the 2011 Peak page: Mark Truman's Pledge Page

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mtruman For This Useful Post:

CHRIS (08-01-2012), KathyC (07-30-2012)

Thanks

Mark just a great report what else can I say... love the first picture with Brad's button, and I really enjoyed hiking STP with you, Nat and Amy.
    Armando