Thread: Welcome a new Director of Operations to MWOBS

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Welcome a new Director of Operations to MWOBS

The OBS geek, holding long service and being a long time up- in-my - face personality, Ken Rancourt is taking his well deserved lateral move to a well deserved retirement.

So we really need to gather our combined resources to welcome Cyrena.

I should not be doing this PSA, by myself, but Ken shared with me that this week ( Today, Wednesday) would be her first shift change , in charge , and he would be close by to mitigate and ease the transitions and make introductions.

Welcome Cyrena to this magical and mystical place. In all likelihood you won't ever see me on a wednesday, but we will cross paths.

Breeze

Thanks

Hello Cyrena

I'm sure you've experienced many wonderful places but, Breeze has something with "this magical and mystical place"

"Welcome to the Rock Pile"
    Club Member, Mt Washington Observatory
    ~ Everything happens in it's own time ~

Thanks

Welcome Cyrena! You're going to love the mountain and all the wonderful folks associated with it.
    Bob

I never want to see a day
    That's over forty degrees
    I'd rather have it thirty,
    Twenty, ten, five and let it freeeeEEEEEEeeze!

My Seek the Peak 2014 Photo Set

Thanks

Congratulations Cyrena!You're going to have one of the best jobs imaginable on the face of the earth!!Enjoy it

Thanks

Congratulations Cyrena! And welcome to a new world. You have pretty big shoes to fill, as they say. But, looking at your track record (yes, I read Windswept), I can see you should have no problem "stepping right in" - lol . . . I did have the pleasure of meeting Ken Rancourt several times over the years - having volunteered a couple times and having hiked it many times when, occasionally, he would be there . . . He was a dynamic person - always very much "in the moment" and was loved and respected by all . . . He will be missed and, no doubt, become part of the legend of the mountain - where, sometimes unfortunately, change is always the constant. It will be fascinating to see what "changes" occur under your watch - and, yes, there are many of us out here, watching from afar - some of us fascinated - some of us simply jealous that you have the best office in the world!! Enjoy every moment, Cyrena! I'm sure it will be all too short a time when you look back . . .