Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bonus Contest! Highest Wind Gust from big storm early next week

Thanks

Oops! Reread the rules. Charlie is the closest so far.
    Bob

I never want to see a day
    That's over forty degrees
    I'd rather have it thirty,
    Twenty, ten, five and let it freeeeEEEEEEeeze!

My Seek the Peak 2014 Photo Set

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Snow Miser For This Useful Post:

Charlie (10-29-2012)

Thanks

Sounds good to me
    i am a Summit Club member
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/new pictures and videos

If your not a OBS member yet then what are you waiting for

Thanks

im out its 138
    i am a Summit Club member
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/new pictures and videos

If your not a OBS member yet then what are you waiting for

Thanks

F6 report is showing 140 yesterday was the top number. This puts Breeze in the lead. Will be interesting to see what the numbers look like today as the low pressure system that is the remains of Sandy turn north and head up towards the MW.

I really hope everyone has come out of this system in really good shape. NYC took it on the chin last night. It was incredible seeing the flooding from the surge. Day light today will reveal a lot, I am sure!

Thanks

Not a contest I'm happy to be leading....... there are many people suffering hardship, loss, and incredible difficulty going forward for an uncertain length of time ahead.

I remember as a kid going to my grandparents home in Waterbury CT, seeing the riverfront business district along that stretch of the Housatonic River bearing flood level markings from storms before my time.

Where I live-- West Bethel/Gilead ME line, Sandy was a snore, that big blow went way over our heads. Oh yeah, the river ( Androscoggin) and the tributaries all jumped up, but we've had un-named fall rainstorms do as much if not more.

Everyone...... STAY safe in the aftermath of Sandy.

Breeze

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Breeze For This Useful Post:

Anna LeBlanc (10-30-2012), Charlie (11-01-2012), Snow Miser (10-30-2012), sunny2 (10-30-2012)

Thanks

Congrats Breeze... I think you've got it.!! I live just west of Waterbury & for the most part, it's been wind damage that's the problem around here. Wires & trees down as expected,(and then some) but the electrical sub stations have seemed to encounter more problems than they usually do. It's almost tornado like in the fact that one person's yard is destroyed, yet their neighbor's yard might not even need to be raked. It's weird. Down at the coast though, it's been a different story. Unconfirmed wind gusts of 80mph+ at spots, and a huge storm surge. Not much is still known here with intermittent tv & internet, but the people with real problems seem to be in NYC & Jersey. NYC was calling for 11 foot storm surges, which were doubled from what Irene brought last year, but I hear they experienced over 14 foot storm surges. Good luck to all... anywhere that you are being affected by the storm.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to whitemtnvisitor For This Useful Post:

Breeze (10-31-2012)

Thanks

Yesterday - the highest wind gust the summit had, according to the F6 report, was 110 mph. Unless there is hidden power in the remains of Sandy, Breeze, I'm going to go ahead and declare you the winner off this contest. Congratulations!

As far as Sandy, wow, what a mess she has caused! Its almost imcomprehendable the damage that occured. I'm still speechless when I see a picture of that tanker stuck ashore in NY. Absolutely incredible! From the flooding in NYC and Atlantic City, to the beach erosion along the coast, to the all out blizzard in WV, this system will go be burned into our memories for a long time. God speed to everyone recovering from this storm.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tdb1977 For This Useful Post:

Breeze (10-31-2012), Moa57 (11-02-2012)

Thanks

Congratulations Breeze!!!
    Bob

I never want to see a day
    That's over forty degrees
    I'd rather have it thirty,
    Twenty, ten, five and let it freeeeEEEEEEeeze!

My Seek the Peak 2014 Photo Set

Thanks

Last night I was watching the news and they announced that the highest wind speed from Sandy was on Mt. Washington, 139 MPH.

I'm in North Jersey just outside of Manhattan, we lost our power on Monday evening and it's still out. We have a generator, but are usuing it sparingly because of the gas situation. My boyfriend has a box truck he has been taking it out of there to use it. Other then that, we're fine, no damage to the house or anything so I am very thankful for that.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to KathyC For This Useful Post:

Anna LeBlanc (11-05-2012)