This is the first of two contests to go up. For the regular monthly contest - you will need to guess the highest wind speed for the month. As September rolls on, winds typically increase on the summit. The rules are pretty straight forward for the contest:
1. One submission per forum ID
2. There can be no duplicates. First person to submit a particular number will own that guess.
3. If the proper answer is not selected by anyone, the winner will be the closest guess according to the F6 report.
4. The official source of data is the Daily F6 as published on the Observatory's web site.
5. Anyone & everyone will be allowed to enter.
6. Most of all... Have Fun!!!
7. With leaf blowers being used a lot down in the valley locations to remove leaves from yards, the use of a leaf blower or any other device that can make air move with the exception for the general physics of the earth and placement of high and low pressure systems to increase the wind speed is prohibited on the summit.
All guesses will need to be in by August 31st at 11:59:59 PM.
Good luck and enjoy!